Cypher Labs new product : Vacuum tube Headphone Amplifier PRAUTES
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 58
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #19 of 58
I’ve tested it @ home against an Audiovalve RKV MK III and a pre build Rudistore RP8K-VT (hybrid amp).

Tested on my Ultrasone Edition 5 and PS1000. DAC is an audio-gd Reference 10.32.

After 2 hours of testing same music files on different amp I’ve purchased the Prautes : more definition, more clarity, more depth and perfect for my PS1000.

Second is the RKV which is really good and very near but missing sometimes 3D aspects, finally the Rudistor is excellent (more defined than the RKV, widestage and air) but too much high frequencies and not my taste with my headphones (it’s a perfect fit for Audeze cans I think)
Im now waiting and excited to get the Prautes in black.

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #20 of 58
  I'm very surprised there's very little feedback on this amp. It's an amazing amp! Is the supply on this very scarce?

I was surprised to see you didn't upgraded your ZANA DEUX for a Balancing Act instead of the Prautes. This Prautes would outperform the BA in soundstage ? Or more powerful for Audeze cans ? Asking myself for HD800 and LCD-X.

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #21 of 58
About the PRAUTES I don't understand why the 8 ohms selection is better for Abyss headphones. About the output transformers, are they made following headphones particuliar behavior regarding impedance ? Is this kind of transformers the same as speakers ones ?
I would guess that the 8 ohms selection is a direct transformers out and the other impedance choices insert resistors to lower output voltage ?

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #23 of 58

Wow, This is a bit scary!
eek.gif
 Somewhat concerned about ordering this amp! 
confused.gif

What do you mean?  I'm just now sort of making another foray into headphones again, so my knowledge, particularly of amps, is quite limited.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #25 of 58
OK, I understand.  Thank you for the information.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #26 of 58
Sometime on HeadFi you see devices despised by the crow without really understanding the right reason. Perhaps a bad Karma ??
It was for the Ultrasone ED 10 and now the CL Prautes.

In the two cases, just trying those, you find them very good products and you remain wondering what the hell HeadFiers ruined them.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #27 of 58
For starters, the internal pics is not the most inspiring I have seen. p2p wiring is no excuse for making a birds nest. It's particularly shocking when so much attention was paid to dress up the amp from the outside.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #28 of 58

I was surprised to see you didn't upgraded your ZANA DEUX for a Balancing Act instead of the Prautes. This Prautes would outperform the BA in soundstage ? Or more powerful for Audeze cans ? Asking myself for HD800 and LCD-X.

@cladane Funnily enough, I really want the BA right now. I actually bought the Prautes before the Zana Deux, so I had no idea back then.

The Prautes is a very clean sound and the Zana Deux has more soul IMO. They're very different. I think the Prautes has better separation but a slightly smaller soundstage, although this could be due to the tubes I've put on the ZD.

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #29 of 58

@cladane Funnily enough, I really want the BA right now. I actually bought the Prautes before the Zana Deux, so I had no idea back then.

The Prautes is a very clean sound and the Zana Deux has more soul IMO. They're very different. I think the Prautes has better separation but a slightly smaller soundstage, although this could be due to the tubes I've put on the ZD.

Well #fire2368, if you listen a lot to Classical friends told me that the 445 is more appropriate than the BA which would be mellower.

Put me out of a trouble : you don't drive the Abyss with the Zana ?? Or if yes, what the hell kinda tubes you put on it ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back