Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo disassembly (multiple pictures)
Jul 19, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 7
i wouldnt mess with it. you could theoretically change for a higher capacity battery with the same chemistry and same exact voltage, but it would be a risky thing to do, as lipoly batteries have been known to explode if under or overcharged. the charger chip will have been programmed with low and high voltage cutoff thresholds for this battery specifically and will not work with anything else. a higher mah/watt hours rating with everything else the same will work, but i wouldnt recommend it. 

presumably you will be able to upgrade the firmware when available too given the 2nd interface connected to the mcu and dsp. looks like a bit of fun could be had with upgrading the clocks and perhaps the buffer stage. its a pretty neat layout actually i must say.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wouldnt mess with it. you could theoretically change for a higher capacity battery with the same chemistry and same exact voltage, but it would be a risky thing to do, as lipoly batteries have been known to explode if under or overcharged. the charger chip will have been programmed with low and high voltage cutoff thresholds for this battery specifically and will not work with anything else. a higher mah/watt hours rating with everything else the same will work, but i wouldnt recommend it. 

If a protection circuit in built in the battery, this will not happen. And any good LiPo batts today have these circuits.
If that is true, though, then I should throw away my MP3 player right away. I replaced the battery with a much more capatent one.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 7
hmmm, actually i use a good deal of lithium batteries that are top shelf and dont have it, they rely on the charger to do that and the operator knowing what they are doing, the chances of your mp3 player battery having one are a bit slim, higher capacity but same voltage and same battery chemistry means nothing and is perfectly safe, the charger will simply go about its business as it works by cutting off at a specific voltage (for lipo this veans alternating between constant current and constant voltage modes, not capacity) but changing the battery chemistry with a lipoly or higher voltage is a recipe for disaster, as the thresholds will be all wrong.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back