Cyber 20 review and possible deal
Feb 6, 2004 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

templeboy

100+ Head-Fier
Check this review out:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue11/cyber20.htm

I used to organize a group buy on it directly from the manufacturer before there was an US distributor. There were over 20 people on board at first and when it's time to collect money only one people went through the deal.

I may still influence the US distributor to give discount to us Head-fiers. But I need to know how many people interested in before talking to the distributor.

My personal experience with it is great. Currectly I'm using Cyber 30, Cyber 20's big bother except it's custom made with cost-no-objective parts and RCA 2A3s. It's the most enjoyable amp EVER for me and I owned and heard all great headphone amps.

May 18, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Templeboy,

I just stumbled upon your post when I did a search in the Amp forum. (I didn't realize the search function was already up and running) I've been searching for a Consonance Cyber 20 for a while as I am ready to purchase one. From past experience, I knew that the U.S. distributor probably jacked up the U.S. retail price to at least 100% to 200%. So I have been checking to see if I would be able to get one from overseas. I contacted Opera Audio's Taiwan distributor, but apparently they do not distribute this product in Taiwan. I contacted Opera Audio (China) directly, and they told me that they do not distribute 110v/120v version of this amp anywhere in Asia. When you first order it back in 2001, did they actually ship you a 110v/120v version?

FrankC

May 18, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 5
templeboy,

Do you use the stock tubes on the Cyber-30? I ask as I had one with the stock Sovtek tubes and it hummed like crazy and I couldn't get rid of the hum. AC filaments aren't easy to rid of the hum they have, and this one didn't rid my cans of the hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back