CX95s are about to die, which upgrade?
Oct 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tianuk3

New Head-Fier
http://www.trustedreviews.com/mp3/review/2008/03/05/Sennheiser-CX-95-Style-Canalphones/

Ok so I have had the CX95 for a little over 2 years now. An incredible pair of IEMs, I can thoroughly recommend them, although the treble sounded a bit tinny when I first bought them (I was thissss close to returning them) I gave them a little time and they are my favourite pair of earphones I have ever had. Unfortunately now the cabling seems to be going, that's what they get for almost daily usage and world travel, basically the sound keeps cutting out unless I keep adjusting and playing with the wiring.Now then I wish to upgrade from these babies, something perhaps a tiny bit more bassy but in a good price range, was there any logical upgrade released? I cannot find anything from the CX95s. If anyone who has owned a pair of these beauties and could contribute then please let me know. Failing all that I will just buy another pair for £40 if I have to.Thanks guys!!

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 6
If that's true (cx 95 now cx 550 style II), then I definately recommend the ie6. I tried the 550s and didn't like them too much. IE 6 have more bass but it's very deep bass. I mean, they totally don't sound dark or muddy, like other bass-capable phones do, since the lower mids are not affected by bass punch. They also sound clearer and have brilliant but not sibiliant highs, which is why I really love them for listening to classical and jazz/jazzrock - it's really a pleasure to enjoy cymbals and hihhat with ie6. I also tried ie7 and ie8. Loved ie8 since they sounded like ie6 but again a good bit clearer to me. IE7 are a very little more detailed but I didn't like the bass too much, since they don't have it where I need it, like vor Blues, Rock and Metal.

Ah good news aside: neither of these three will ever let you down with broken cable - they are the most robust I've ever seen.

Greets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back