CX500 worth it at $50?
Sep 3, 2008 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
I just want to know if its worth it thats all
redface.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106175

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #2 of 12
It depends on where you buy them. If they are from an authorized dealer, yes, they are worth the money, in my opinion. You have to become accustomed to them before seeing their goodness.

If it's from eBay or any unauthorized dealer besides ANTOnline, no, don't touch them with a 10 foot pole, unless they come from ANTOnline.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends on where you buy them. If they are from an authorized dealer, yes, they are worth the money, in my opinion. You have to become accustomed to them before seeing their goodness.

If it's from eBay or any unauthorized dealer besides ANTOnline, no, don't touch them with a 10 foot pole, unless they come from ANTOnline.

Its most certainly is from an authorized dealer and with free shipping to boot which is why im asking

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 12
newegg.com yesterday there were up for $120 now there $50. Immediately after I double checked to make sure me eyes weren't fooling me I posted. That and I just got paid today so yeah
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wooo...the best of all possible dealers. You'll get some good ones from Newegg. Congratulations on your find.

Its just lucky find getting the word out to potential US headfiers is more important

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 12
Wow 50 dollars! That beats soundearphones and I got them with a discount! Free shipping and 50 bucks... god damn, if only you posted 3 days earlier... o well 9 bucks aint a big deal... but ****!

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 12
This talk about the CX500s made me want to break mine out one more time and listen to them. I've been using the Super fi-5s all day so my ears are a little skewed to them. I'm currently enjoying the sound of these CX500s, though. The bass is certainly more plentiful than the 5s lol. I can't believe I had them on the unusable list in another thread. I must have mistakenly picked up the fake CX300s I have and thought I was putting in the CX500s. Whatever the case, they are coming off the unusable list.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 12
I guess a second chance is in order

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #11 of 12
I've been listening to these CX500s for a little while now and, yeah, if you manage a good seal and a comfortable fit...I wear mine over-the-ear style with large Sony EX silys... and have a quality source as well as quality files, you are going to love them. They sound really good when you get accustomed to them.

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #12 of 12
i had a pair from a singapore seller on ebay for 50.
I'm not sure if they were real but they sounded better than a real pair of bose triport around ear headphones, but that isn't saying much.

Anyway, I'd say yes, worth $50, especially after burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back