CX300's+40degreeC spin cycle=....
Dec 3, 2008 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Duffy1207

100+ Head-Fier
Just found my CX300's that I lost last week. I've been using them since my Audio technica CK7's broke, and I've gotta wait till christms till I get my Denon 751's.

Anyway, in the last few days, I had to resort to iBuds, and then my standard nokia N95 buds (which surprisingly weren't awful sounding, but uncomfortable and tacky).

Turns out the CX300's had gone in th wash with a hoodie, shows how much care I take of them. Before they went in, the right channel was about half the volume of the left one, they had a little wax and dirt on the nozzles, and the one comply tip was pretty dirty.

Now they've been for a swim, the volumes are back to normal(ish), the comply's clean, although it doesn't seal quite as well now, and the silicon tip on the other phone that always comes of managed to stay on, plus they look basically brand new now the wax and dirt has gone.

I was fully expecting them to be broken, but it seems the one with lower volume had a clogged up driver form 1 years + useage with moderately waxy ears, and the wash has cleaned it out.

The mids have come back too, I put the lack of them down to them being generally pretty crap phones, plus the fact they were old and knackered, so now I can hear guitar's and voices again
normal_smile .gif

All round, I'm pretty impressed, it means I've got respectable headphones to use for the next 3 weeks before I get my Denon's.

Thanks for reading, I know I'm rambling a bit, but I thought it was at least interesting enough to be worthy of a post.

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 11
hmm now if you had said this a week ago id have been much more interested, i (after months of them sitting) got around to binning my cx300 that had gone the same way, ie reduced sound in the right ear. i just assumed it was internal damage from them getting yanked out by the cable all the time (hate that screwing j cord)

oh well

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ LOL, don't diss yourself. It's cool.

Ha, well, it'd been on a day with a load of views but it had no replies and was on the second page.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 11
cool story; but I think this thread should be in the cables and tweaks forum
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool story; but I think this thread should be in the cables and tweaks forum
tongue.gif

Ha, I guess so.
I would't want to reccomened it and have 10 angry people asking me why their Sennheisers broke though, even though it did work for me.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #10 of 11
that is pretty interesting but i wouldnt dare to try to put any of my iem´s in the wash

at least the cx300´s are really cheap if anyone here does try it tho..

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is pretty interesting but i wouldnt dare to try to put any of my iem´s in the wash

at least the cx300´s are really cheap if anyone here does try it tho..

As I say, i'm not recommending it, I think I just got lucky, but they definately improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back