cx300
Oct 4, 2008 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

curenut73

New Head-Fier
I purchased the sennheiser cx300's as an alternative to my tried and true Philips SHE9500s and found the cx300's to be all but unlistenable because of the shrill upper midrange and highs... I am not sure if I simply got a bad pair, or if other people have experienced this too... I am listening to music at work on an Ipod touch 2g and the eq settings are limited so I dont have a lot of freedom in that respect. Can anyone offer any input as to a good IEM under $100. I really enjoyed the Philips SHE9500, but my local store no longer carries them....

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I used etys and now sennheiser cx300. I found cx300 to have very good bass. I am surprised to hear that the highs are that high. In all probability, you might have got a fake phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by curenut73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased the sennheiser cx300's as an alternative to my tried and true Philips SHE9500s and found the cx300's to be all but unlistenable because of the shrill upper midrange and highs... I am not sure if I simply got a bad pair, or if other people have experienced this too... I am listening to music at work on an Ipod touch 2g and the eq settings are limited so I dont have a lot of freedom in that respect. Can anyone offer any input as to a good IEM under $100. I really enjoyed the Philips SHE9500, but my local store no longer carries them....

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 3
i've been trying to research in-ears, although there's alot of conflicting info i think the general consensus is that the cx300 are a rather bassy phone. I think Etys are rated as bass light in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back