CX300-II tip ideas?
Nov 1, 2009 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

battleaxe

100+ Head-Fier
So, I just got a Sennheiser CX300-II ECO for great price of $13 new from a PCMall store local to me. Now, for what it is and the price its at the sounds is pretty good, with a few downsides. The standard tips that come with it are not bad, but I want to know if there are any tips that can help it produce a little more wider, and open/airy sound if that is possible? The sound isn't tiny, bit it does feels a bit like its in a smaller room than the average. Thanks

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe try the ETY double flange tips?

What are you basing your recommendations off of? There is no way ety tips fill fit on the CX300s. All Etymotic earphones I'm aware of have a ~2.5mm nozzle, while the CX300s are 5mm.

Comply T400 will fit but I have my doubts about making the CX300 airy being at all possible. It's just a limitation of the phones.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What will the T400 tips do? Even a very tiny increase in airiness is fine with me.

I really doubt they will increase airiness at all. Foam tips can actually sometimes do the opposite. Besides, with the cost of the Complys being like $10 for 3 pairs (which will last you 2-6 months), you might be better off just getting a different IEM. A Meelectronics Ai-M9 or Soundmagic PL30 will give you the airiness you're looking for.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #9 of 23
I have the original series, and the Meelectronics AI-M9 dual flanges sound great on them. Turns them into completely different earbuds.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #10 of 23
I am for the most part content with these phones as I got them for again a low $13 bucks, so I just wanted to see what I can do to slightly improve sound. I will check out the dual flanges though. Where did you get them from?

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #11 of 23
The ones I have only come with the AI-M9's. The owner was nice enough to send me a few extra pairs, just for asking, but I doubt he'd do that for you not owning a pair :p

There are a few other dual flange options out there, but I can't be sure if they'll fit. The M9's fit like a glove though.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #13 of 23
meelec.com doesn't show the R1's coming with the dual flange, but the M11's do.

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the M11 or R1 Flanges? Not sure where to get some of these flanges as Amazon doesn't carry it.

M11 and R1 bi-flanges are identical to each other but different from the M9 ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back