CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Apr 18, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #1,816 of 2,467
I suggest asking this on Antipodes Audio Forum, https://antipodes.support, for a direct answer from Antipodes. By recent K50 update, do you mean the software update or the hardware changes that happened with forced changes due to supply chain? I have a K50, which from the back resembles the original design. I have not opened the top to see if it appears to look as the original pictures indicated. My K50 has had the software updates. I do not have a PhoenixNET, but have a PF Buffalo, where ports are similar to the Melco S100 switch. My ethernet input to my K50 is fed by the 100MB, not 1000MB port of my PF Buffalo. I do not have problems with it functioning.

Apr 18, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #1,817 of 2,467
Holy moly. I was told by fellow member few K50 owners can no longer use phoenixnet after recent update on the K50? Anyone else can confirm this?

Are antipodes going to fix this or was this intentional?

P Net only has 100mbps ports and the K50 now only takes in 1000mbps I was told.

Extremely bummed out as I already ordered the Phoenix Net.
I don’t believe this is true. No need to stir up rumors when Antipodes is so easy to contact.

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #1,818 of 2,467
I don’t believe this is true. No need to stir up rumors when Antipodes is so easy to contact.
I contacted Mark and was told it was not true, but his switch was a 100/1000 so wanted to cross reference with members who only had a 100 mbps switch. I only brought this up as I was told some users are experiencing issues with 100mbps ports from their switches or ethernet cables capable of only 100 mbps into their K50. I did not experience this for myself but wanted to cross check as I do have the Phoenix on the way.

Apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way, just trying to see if I need to cancel the PhoenixNet order.

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #1,819 of 2,467
I contacted Mark and was told it was not true, but his switch was a 100/1000 so wanted to cross reference with members who only had a 100 mbps switch. I only brought this up as I was told some users are experiencing issues with 100mbps ports from their switches or ethernet cables capable of only 100 mbps into their K50. I did not experience this for myself but wanted to cross check as I do have the Phoenix on the way.

Apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way, just trying to see if I need to cancel the PhoenixNet order.
I can understand your concern. Running 100 mbps into an Antipodes server is quite common. Those of us with EtherRegens are doing that too. A software change is super-unlikely to break this. Where did you read that some folks with Antipodes servers are having issues with this?

Apr 18, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #1,820 of 2,467
I can understand your concern. Running 100 mbps into an Antipodes server is quite common. Those of us with EtherRegens are doing that too. A software change is super-unlikely to break this. Where did you read that some folks with Antipodes servers are having issues with this?
I was considering to buy an ethernet filter (usually placed in the chain behind an ethernet switch used as a passive filter) from company Network Acoustics. Rob (co-owner) mentioned to me recently he had customers with PhoenixNets unable to be used with the K50 since the handshake only for K50 only allows for 1000mbps recently. I was concerned since my PhoenixNet was on the way so was searching for a quick answer by messaging Mark Cole.

Rob was met via one of the head fi threads and was nice enough to encourage me trying out a regular non audiophile switch between router and streamer, and I did find it being helpful.

Mark Cole mentioned that it should not be the case that the K50 not working with only 100mbps products, so I wanted to run it by members of the forums, to help aid decision if canceling PhoenixNET or not.

As of right now I am just leaving the order as is. Mark is investigating as well I believe.

I will provide an update regardless to clear up the smoke I caused.

EDIT/UPDATE: PhoenixNET works with K50.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #1,821 of 2,467
Holy moly. I was told by fellow member few K50 owners can no longer use phoenixnet after recent update on the K50? Anyone else can confirm this?

Are antipodes going to fix this or was this intentional?

P Net only has 100mbps ports and the K50 now only takes in 1000mbps I was told.

Extremely bummed out as I already ordered the Phoenix Net.
I use the PhoenixNET with my latest version K50. There are no issues whatsoever. It works perfectly.

That must be a false rumour you have heard.

PS. My PhoenixNET worked 100% perfectly with my original version K50 as well.
PPS. I much prefer the PhoenixNET over the ER which I had previously.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #1,822 of 2,467
I use the PhoenixNET with my latest version K50. There are no issues whatsoever. It works perfectly.

That must be a false rumour you have heard.

PS. My PhoenixNET worked 100% perfectly with my original version K50 as well.
PPS. I much prefer the PhoenixNET over the ER which I had previously.
Ok thank you very much for clarifying this, sorry for the slight confusion. As mentioned I only mentioned randomly out the blue as that was told to me. I have a P-Net on the way to me as well, and I am drawing a hard line that this will be my last or 2nd to last item in a long long time. I pushed my financial/comfort limits to the max once again, some things do not change.

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #1,823 of 2,467
Well, WOW!! Antipodes are going places and that place is in the direction of the Taiko Extreme pricing.

"The Antipodes Oladra music server will debut at the High End Munich Show in May 2022, and will begin shipping in August 2022. The world price is $25,000 (plus tariffs & taxes)."

https://antipodes.audio/oladra/

Interesting product! I don’t like the styling much, but I can see it would be very expensive to make - looks like CNC machined from a single billet. 21kg! Looking forward to reading the reviews from the early adopters.

This is good news for those that like to buy these servers used since a bunch of year old K50’s will soon be on the used market and this will in turn lead to CX/EX used prices falling further.

Apr 22, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,825 of 2,467
Never mind that DX is not in the title -)

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #1,827 of 2,467
My money’s on @Triode User to be the first in this group to get the Oladra :)

That’s as safe bet.

As an aside, Innuos just announced an upgraded power supply for their Statement server. The supply pushes the price of the Statement north of $20k.

Apr 23, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #1,828 of 2,467
That’s as safe bet.

As an aside, Innuos just announced an upgraded power supply for their Statement server. The supply pushes the price of the Statement north of $20k.
The new statement is using Arc 6 too like the DAVE PSUs. Shame that the statement maxes out at 8tb, you can’t change the ssds by yourself, and has a bad UI. I love their PhoenixUSB, likely due to the SJ power supply (same with the DC4 PSUs).

The price of streamers is getting ridiculous though. I assume there must be a market for $20K streamers or they wouldn’t be making them I guess.

Apr 23, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1,829 of 2,467
The new statement is using Arc 6 too like the DAVE PSUs. Shame that the statement maxes out at 8tb, you can’t change the ssds by yourself, and has a bad UI. I love their PhoenixUSB, likely due to the SJ power supply (same with the DC4 PSUs).

The price of streamers is getting ridiculous though. I assume there must be a market for $20K streamers or they wouldn’t be making them I guess.
Definitely getting ridic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back