CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Nov 1, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,216 of 2,535
I doubt it will be dangerous ... but probably should be avoided.
10FC7333-E646-4753-9EC6-B5BB36E11837.png

Tony,

What would happen if the “Update” was pressed to bring in the most up to date apps? 👹

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #1,218 of 2,535
Well I’m stuck after stage two, no stage 3. Tried 1-1 time, don’t bother they don’t phone. Mark after asking clarification 3 times what happen to me, has gone quiet. couple of other members are in same position, wondering if they should return units, yikes. this Wasn’t what I signed up for, and do offer condolences if any one else is having software or other upgrade issues.
Did you try power cycling the box? I had to do a full power down to get to stage 3.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #1,219 of 2,535
Did you try power cycling the box? I had to do a full power down to get to stage 3.
The instructions on the website do make the point after the first upgrade step ... 'To reboot, use the front panel button to shutdown, and again to startup.' I did this also for steps 2 and 3 and had no problems on either CX or EX. I suspect this may be important and that soft reboot from the GUI should not be used.

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #1,220 of 2,535
With 3.1, my K50 hasn’t frozen up once yet, unlike 3.0.
That's odd. My K30 never once froze up with 3.0.

I have had problems though with HQPlayer becoming unstable if the NAA loses connection with my DAC. When that happens the Player will sometimes be unresponsive so a reboot is required. To prevent this, I've first switched to another player (like Roon) before I shutdown my DAC and then switch back to HQPlayer when the DAC is back up. I did that recently to upgrade the fuse in my DAC.

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,221 of 2,535
Oh, I’m chill, what else am I going to do. Mark and I hooked up, I was discouraged yesterday because I knew we were at an impasse as my connection under 3.1 failure was lost so how could he fix it. But my unit will go to Martin in uk now, to be wiped, reinstalled, sent back. So will miss my DX, be well son, travel safe

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #1,222 of 2,535
Oh, I’m chill, what else am I going to do. Mark and I hooked up, I was discouraged yesterday because I knew we were at an impasse as my connection under 3.1 failure was lost so how could he fix it. But my unit will go to Martin in uk now, to be wiped, reinstalled, sent back. So will miss my DX, be well son, travel safe
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Out of interest, who is Martin in the UK? Is this some sort of service centre?

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #1,223 of 2,535

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Out of interest, who is Martin in the UK? Is this some sort of service centre?
Not sure, i asked mark is this going to nz. He said no Martin in uk, will receive free shipping info at some point.

Nov 2, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,224 of 2,535
Just as a heads up, it’s Denver, mark didn’t realize it’s Canada I’m in. I remember that’s were I sent my old dtgs when I got my DX replacement. It’s Larry Owens

Nov 2, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #1,227 of 2,535
Nov 2, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,228 of 2,535
better through TT and GSX mk2 but no antipodes, sniff sniff

Nov 3, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #1,229 of 2,535
I’m thinking of upgrading my EX by adding an S40 and S60. That way I can keep a PGGB ssd in the EX and still use it to do MPD direct. The S40 would be mounted remote and the EX fed through a dedicated fibre connection to the direct steam ethernet port on the S40. Or… would it be better to just get a CX?

Does anyone know if the S60 is really necessary when using the S40 in server mode only?

Fir those using the K series is there no way to setup the player side to look at the ssd’s so that MPD direct would work? @kennyb123 says this is a problem.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #1,230 of 2,535
I’m thinking of upgrading my EX by adding an S40 and S60. That way I can keep a PGGB ssd in the EX and still use it to do MPD direct. The S40 would be mounted remote and the EX fed through a dedicated fibre connection to the direct steam ethernet port on the S40. Or… would it be better to just get a CX?

Does anyone know if the S60 is really necessary when using the S40 in server mode only?

Fir those using the K series is there no way to setup the player side to look at the ssd’s so that MPD direct would work? @kennyb123 says this is a problem.
A CX is quite cheap these days. With that and your EX, get them both updated with the OLADRA tech.....it will be a very very good system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back