CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Oct 31, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #1,201 of 2,535
Have you tried MPD direct play yet? Use a controller like Rigelian or MaximumMPD and play direct from your ssd to the player. Mconnect channels from server to Mconnect and then to the player. PGGB magic.
Rigelian still doesn’t work for me - and it appears that it won’t as long as my Server and Player run on two different machines.

For reasons unknown, my PGGB files aren’t being properly scanned by MinimSever. The folders are either empty or missing tracks. This was a problem in my former setup and I hoped the switch to MinimServer would have corrected it but no such luck. Glider keeps crashing when I try to sync my library so that’s probably part of it. I hated these UPNP apps a decade ago and it seems they still stink just as bad as they did then. Many of my PGGB tracks show up under Unknown Artist. It’s 2021 - how the heck could ther still be apps unable to read tags? HQPlayer and Roon can both find the tags for these tracks.

Sorry for the epic rant but I just want this to be plug and play. I did purchase a license for MinimServer. I hope I can make tweaks to help it along. They do generate a log of the files they couldn’t read along with the reason why. I will look for this. I went through this crap when I owned an Auralic Aries. Roon was such a godsend because they were able to intelligently derive the tags. That was 2016 or so - so I would hope that MinimServer has gained some smarts since then.

Oct 31, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #1,202 of 2,535
Hello there, Magic. Welcome back.

HQPlayer is sounding at least as good as it was before the restart mania.

Oct 31, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #1,203 of 2,535
Bonus… no more hi pitched squeal when stopping MPD in middle of track.

Something to try. In browser type yourIP/v2. For me it takes me to the underlying sonicorbiter software. Could be dangerous.

Oct 31, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #1,204 of 2,535
Oct 31, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #1,205 of 2,535
Hmm, finished the 3.1 upgrade on CX and EX, everything seemed to go fine, but upon launching Roon, I couldn't find the Core, was prompted to unauthorize another running instance, and now it looks like I'm setting up Roon from scratch. Did I screw something up?

Oct 31, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #1,206 of 2,535
Hmm, finished the 3.1 upgrade on CX and EX, everything seemed to go fine, but upon launching Roon, I couldn't find the Core, was prompted to unauthorize another running instance, and now it looks like I'm setting up Roon from scratch. Did I screw something up?
That's what I experienced. After restoring your last Roon backup all will be good.

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #1,208 of 2,535
my DX was just impregnated with code try the update later.

Nov 1, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,209 of 2,535
EX HQPlayer rekeyed and all back to normal. Time for some Prog.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #1,210 of 2,535
Nov 1, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #1,211 of 2,535
just restart Roon on CX menu

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,212 of 2,535
Nov 1, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #1,213 of 2,535
Well I’m stuck after stage two, no stage 3. Tried 1-1 time, don’t bother they don’t phone. Mark after asking clarification 3 times what happen to me, has gone quiet. couple of other members are in same position, wondering if they should return units, yikes. this Wasn’t what I signed up for, and do offer condolences if any one else is having software or other upgrade issues.

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,214 of 2,535
Well I’m stuck after stage two, no stage 3. Tried 1-1 time, don’t bother they don’t phone. Mark after asking clarification 3 times what happen to me, has gone quiet. couple of other members are in same position, wondering if they should return units, yikes. this Wasn’t what I signed up for, and do offer condolences if any one else is having software or other upgrade issues.
They've asked for patience. If you aren't hearing back from them it's likely because they are helping to solve someone else's issues. This is just how things go sometimes in the world of tech upgrades.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #1,215 of 2,535
With 3.1, my K50 hasn’t frozen up once yet, unlike 3.0. We’re still in early days, but that alone made the update worth it :fingers_crossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back