CX-500 vs UE super.fi 5 pro?
Feb 16, 2009 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MichaelOH

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Currently have a pair of the CX-500's...they're pretty new...but, I'm noticing some limitations already. Would I notice a huge difference with the UE's?

...I hate to admit it, but everything I listen to is 128 AAC. Don't judge me....lol.

Michael

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 8
Have never tried CX500, but If it is anything like the CX300's then Super fi will be better. UE Super fi 5 Pro's bass will have great amount of impact to it... comes down hard yet crisp, while retaining the highs well. Mids aren't the best but still not too muffled. Nice wide soundstage. Overall a good versatile IEM.

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have never tried CX500, but If it is anything like the CX300's then Super fi will be better. UE Super fi 5 Pro's bass will have great amount of impact to it... comes down hard yet crisp, while retaining the highs well. Mids aren't the best but still not too muffled. Nice wide soundstage. Overall a good versatile IEM.

CX500 is nothing like the CX300, it has more quality bass that does not interfere with the other frequencies. But for more analytical and detailed sound, I think the UE's would be better.

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 8
I am truly enjoying the CX500's...but I'm on an upgrading kick. But the 500's seem to be nicely balanced...lots of warmth, nice bass, and pretty good mids...the trebles are a bit harsh...

what about q-Jays?

Michael

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 8
Have you tried burning the CX-500 in? I have a pair that I put up with because of the good isolation. I didn't like them at first but after burn in with pink noise for 48 hours, the sound quality was significantly better..perhaps you can try that.

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 8
I enjoy my SF5Ps, and ultimately moved into the Triple.fis due to their sound signature. That said, there are a lot of great options at the ~US$150 price point now, dynamics from Phonaks, Head-Direct, and Monster to balanced armatures from Shure and UE, along with Jays.

If you want bass (I mean great controlled bass, not boomy flabby bass), my recent experience with the Monster Turbines and what I have read on the Phonaks and the RE family says to stick with dynamics. There is a new generation of dynamic IEMs that are just phenomenally good/great at what they do. I am starting to listen more to dynamics than to balanced armatures due to their bass but balanced sound in the mids and highs; nothing is out of place.

The BAs are good at this price range, but all have a little less bass impact and a slightly more mid-focused sound (except for the UEs, which tend to have some mid-suckout when compared to other phones).

Depends on what sound signature you enjoy.

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #7 of 8
buy the Phonaks instead of the super.fi 5 pro
it is extremely uncomfortable, they sound good enough(Phonaks are better), the cable is horrible and it is extremely hard to get a good seal with it.
oh did I already mention that it is uncomfortable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back