CX 500-legit?
Nov 2, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 8
ofcourse your average consumer isnt looking at quality but simply looking at price and thinking yeh a bargain, hence the high rating.

heck maybe we are all just paranoid and missing a great deal when we see one lol

Nov 2, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was confused by seller perfect feedback...

They might be really good conterfeits. I don't think many people could tell the difference unless they AB'd with the original. I read somewhere about a guy who bought cx's (I think cx500) counterfeits and when he went to a Sennheiser store to find out if they were real not even their engineers could tell from the packaging or looks and had to measure the frequency response to conclude it was a fake. Apparently they were surprised that counterfeits both looked and sounded so real...

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 8
Yup. There are class a b c counterfeits.
The class a ones are really up there.

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #8 of 8
17 bucks? there's no way they're real.

i wouldn't ever consider buying cx500 on ebay. i paid $60 for mine online from J&R, which isn't too painful at all, given the warranty.

i'd say it's worth it to spend the extra $40 and have the peace of mind of knowing that you're guaranteed a genuine pair of phones. then you can fully anticipate delivery without fear tat you might be let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back