cx 400 vs ah-c351 -- which 1 to choose?
Oct 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jdlf

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying 1 of these: Denon ah-c351 or Sennh cx 400

When looking to: richness and balance of sound, durability, confort and price, which 1 you think is better? Also do you suggest other stuff for the same budget?

Thanks for all,

jdlf

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello i owned both.
In my opinion ah-c351 sounded better because it had better sound-stage and instrument separation.
THe difference is that cx-400 has more bass and there is less problem in the mid-range.
For the ah-c351, they have muted voices which can be solved by equalizing.
In my opinion if you have an equalizer, ah-c351 is far ahead in terms of SQ.
Durability wise, they're quite the same as none of them spoilt yet. Comfort wise they're also about the same.
THe con of the ah-c351 ifyou should get it is that it cannot be worn over the ear and is quite microphonic.
Hope this helps

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 5
sry doublepost

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello i owned both.
In my opinion ah-c351 sounded better because it had better sound-stage and instrument separation.
THe difference is that cx-400 has more bass and there is less problem in the mid-range.
For the ah-c351, they have muted voices which can be solved by equalizing.
In my opinion if you have an equalizer, ah-c351 is far ahead in terms of SQ.
Durability wise, they're quite the same as none of them spoilt yet. Comfort wise they're also about the same.
THe con of the ah-c351 ifyou should get it is that it cannot be worn over the ear and is quite microphonic.
Hope this helps

x2 Go for the 351s.

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 5
x3 but at this price point I wouldn't describe them as microphonic in the way the shure's etc are. I'd just say that the non-50/50 cable split annoys me, as you can't wear them one-eared in conversation etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back