CVT power regenerator
Jun 24, 2008 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rob N

Headphoneus Supremus
Jun 24, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 7
Hello,
I use 2 Perma Power Line Conditioners for my system.
Some people may call it snake oil, but I would not turn on my system without one.

I notice that the lights do not turn all green (showing perfect voltage) until after 12:30am.
Which means that the unit is conditioning my line voltage all day long.

At night when people are asleep and not using as much electricity, it is not needed.

46940004smallzu8.jpg

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
I use 2 Perma Power Line Conditioners for my system.
Some people may call it snake oil, but I would not turn on my system without one.

I notice that the lights do not turn all green (showing perfect voltage) until after 12:30am.
Which means that the unit is conditioning my line voltage all day long.

At night when people are asleep and not using as much electricity, it is not needed.

46940004smallzu8.jpg

Is the perma power an AC regenerator or does it utilize supplemental battery power, capacitor network, etc...? What does it consider "perfect" voltage +/- how many volts?

I wouldn't classify power conditioners as snake oil because they generally provide surge protection and more advanced models regenerate AC or have PF correcting capacitor networks that compensate for transient power conditions. Filtering is another item.

Yeah, a shielded cord can help reduce/reject incoming line noise but you don't have to spend $$$ for a power cord to achieve this from my experience.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Hello,

Sensitive electronic equipment, need clean, voltage controlled power to assure proper performance free from damaging surges.
Power Voltage Regulators (PVR) protect against voltage fluctuations and surge damage and reduce the loss of irreplaceable data and damage to your expensive equipment.

Voltage Regulation. Maintains safe output voltage to
protect your equipment and improve performance.

Input voltage range 120VAC +5%, -25%
90 – 126VAC

Output Voltage Regulation Meets ANSI C84.1-1995 “Electric Power and Equipment Voltage Ratings”.
Output voltage will be maintained to within the ANSI standard for the input voltage range from 90 to 126 VAC

Frequency 60 HZ

The unit does not have a supplemental battery.

I hope this helps?

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What sort of capacity (in watts) does that have?

Is it a US only device?

I'm guessing it's just a big honking isolation transformer???

Check out TSI

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What sort of capacity (in watts) does that have?

Is it a US only device?

VA/Watts = 1200/1200.
Circuit Breaker = 10 Amp
Weight = 12 lb.

I think that it is a US only device.

I do not know if this unit is still being made?
I found mine on e-bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back