Cute Beyond arrived in Boston!
Nov 11, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #16 of 23
So the amp makes the whole spectrum, basically, more defined? So is it fairly neutral then? Argh, so tempted to get them now with my dt880
icon10.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #17 of 23
Sorry to insist, but, regardless of terms of comparison, do you perceive the amp as warmer or colder?
redface.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #19 of 23
Thank you & enjoy !
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 23
Looks pretty sweet, but man you're blog is confusing. What's with the way you type man?

It's a pretty sexy amp... If you convince me you're not a creepy internet stalker I might even consider asking for a listen. My parents would never go for it though...
frown.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Looks pretty sweet, but man you're blog is confusing. What's with the way you type man?

Targetted to Singapore audience, my friends back home. It's the local slang so it's hard for others to understand.

Quote:

It's a pretty sexy amp... If you convince me you're not a creepy internet stalker I might even consider asking for a listen. My parents would never go for it though...
frown.gif

Logistic was at my place tonight with his Pimeta, HD580 and SR60. Bear in mind that we’re comparing OPA2227 ( Cute ) and 8610 ( Pimeta )

Observation

1.The Pimeta is colder than the Cute. The notes are tighter. Imagine notes being coins. The Pimeta notes are nickels while the Cute notes are quarters

2.More highs and less bass on Pimeta. The highs on the HF-1 when using Pimeta is just too shrilled/sharp and the low end sounded tapered inward. However, with the HD580, the sound is more balanced. I guess since the HD580 are more laid back and have its highs rolled off, it suits the pimeta better.

3.The cute is has more power, even on low gain. We were surprised how easy it drove the HD580. Need to borrow a K1000 and see how that works..LOL

4.Seperation and soundstage. The pimeta had slightly better separation making it colder I guess but there was a gap in the middle of the stage. Logistic is thinking of modding it to solve the crossfeed issue. The Cute had a more even representation from left to right but slightly smaller soundstage; it’s still big though.

I’m quite tired now, so I’ll just sum it up. The HF-1 sounds awesome with the Cute. Nice full tight and punchy bass, smooth mids and crisp highs. On the Pimeta, it sounded unbalanced. Too much high end. The 580 sounded too bloated in the low end with the Cute but better with the Pimeta. I guess that could classify the cute as warmer. But I’m really not a fan of the 580/600/650.

Ipod –> Pocketdock –> Cute Beyond –> HF-1 (perfect synergy…… so far)
icon10.gif

Logistic, any input from you?

Nov 12, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #23 of 23
My Opinions:

The PIMETA with ad8610 op amps has higher treble and faster decay than the cute beyond, which gives it a colder, brighter sound which I like with my HD-580s. I really feel the warmer cute beyond has great synergy with the HF-1, it just offers more body to the HF-1 than the PIMETA. With the HD-580s, the sound presentation was more forward and in front, while with the PIMETA it was more spread out. What I mean is that the sound sounds like it is coming from both sides of your head rather than a bit in front of your head with the PIMETA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back