Custum Art Work On CIEMs
Jul 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Waterslide decals? Like those used on models. There are places that do custom prints of those. Not all that lasting though. But that's pretty much the safest method.

Really should consider contacting one of those reshelling companies if they are willing to just do the custom artwork for you. Unless you're willing to risk spraying them or applying some kind of etchant to them. :blink:

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
vinyl sticker + steady hand + exacto. Precut the shape and apply and then you can have ever changing artwork :)

You would need to have super steady hands to do this, especially for its small size. If you end up going this route I would recommend using a swivel xacto blade for curved lines.

An alternative is to design your artwork with a vector program and go to a local graphics shop to have the vinyl cut on their machine. You will find this route would make things much easier and give more accurate lines. It will also cost next to nothing since it will be so tiny.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Oh, are you planning on doing long-term graphics production? If not then it is probably not worth getting a vinyl cutter for one-time (or even half dozen) prints for your iem. It will be cheaper to get them done professionally locally. You will get better quality reproduction and most likely shops will offer better selection and better grade vinyl (this matters, trust me).

Nov 2, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 7
@FullCircle did you get your Roland? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being offtopic. I'm looking for a good vinyl cutter and I haven't decided right now which would be the best for me.

I've been researching the subject for a few weeks now and I'm not ahead in one bit. Like all the reviews i've read were misleading. Every website was hyping the product and that's it. I mean there are no negatives?

Anyways after countless hours of searching I've found a site that seems to be legit. I mean I've read the Roland cutter review and it was written in a harsh tone. And it got me on the fence.

Like how fast does the blade dull out. And do you have to pay exorbitant fees if you purchase the Rolland cutter outside of the US. The design soft is paid? That's outrageous.

I will highly appreciate your input any tips ideas are welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back