Customs...
Sep 14, 2009 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

helljudgement

500+ Head-Fier
Are they easy to drive?
I am planning to buy either JH11 or JH13 to use on a phone as I don't like taking too much things when I go out.I know this won't make them bring out their fullest potential but it sounded good enough for me when I auditioned it at Jaben(Singapore).Even in its universal shell which I could not get a good fit with I found both of them sounded very nice even coming out from a phone.The 13's crystal clear details and powerful bass against the 11's incredible mids(not to say that the mids on the 13's is bad but I do prefer the mids on this model).I will be getting a player soon but for the time being(few months)is using a phone a good choice or should I buy a good source first?

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Easy to drive has one very easy connotation: volume. Yes, most customs are very easy to drive and will sound phenomenal from any headphone jack. Other than a bit of hiss, nothing should be annoying. However good they sound, however, they often induce a bit more distortion among daps for instance. I will have full hardware tests to prove it, but it should be known that distortion is often linked with pleasure. Many high-distortion audio formats are considered to sound very good, so it is up to you. My JH13Pro distorts my iPod touch 2G (which drives many earphones flawlessly) more than say, the Victor FX500 for instance.

Great earphones and I much prefer them to any universal, but be warned, if you are adverse to distortion, you may not like them. The distortion isn't sizzle you hear when gain levels of a frequency are set too high, rather it is bleed, but sounds very good.

Sep 14, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply.Really appreciate it.however I do have one more concern before I place my bets.
How long do these customs usually last if I take good care of them?Considering the amount of money I put in,they are more like an investments than an interest.
I don't want them to broke down every once in a while especially since I have paid these much money for them.As good as they sounds I won't want to buy something that won't even last 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back