Customer horror stories
Jun 30, 2002 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
I figured I would start a topic devoted to customer horror stories. I work at a supermarket right now and I see about 100 customers a day. 97 or 98 people are nice enough and there not a problem. But there are allways one or two people who just seem to be evil people or they just do not care. So I would like to hear some customer horror stories and mayby I will share mine.

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 17
My friend, welcome to sales.
The customer is always right, so put on your best smile and be glad you took care of the problem.
I sold cars for eight years. I got some stories; but most of you would be against me for I am the evil car salesman.
I agree though, it's less than five percent of consumers who make life a living hell for sellers.
Remember, smile and nod in agreement. It'll all be over soon. LOL
md
(edit) OH and don't forget, you did make someone happy! There's always satifaction in that.

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 17
God...where do i start? I worked in a electronics store that happened to have a music department, where i was a salesman. Man we had some crazy bastards come in:

transexuals starting fights with customers, drunks, heroin addicts passing out on the cd racks, crackheads, dope dealers, groups of black kids trying to steal while one diverted attention and would run out with bags of cds and jump into a van, kids stuffing cds down their pants and getting caught when the cds would slip out of the bottom of their pants, senior citizens trying to steal sinatra cds, 9 year old kid stealing a gameboy game and nearly getting run over trying to run away...

...and the list could go on for days, it was insane and this job clearly taught me what animals people are in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn (86th street and Bay Parkway to be exact) and why mass executions wouldn't be a bad thing. Too much of the shallow gene pool in a highly concentrated area creates a neighborhood filled with rejects.

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:26 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
black kids trying to steal while one diverted attention and would run out with bags of cds and jump into a van

I hate to be a PC Thug, but what does the fact that they were black have to do with it?

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
...and the list could go on for days, it was insane and this job clearly taught me what animals people are in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn (86th street and Bay Parkway to be exact) and why mass executions wouldn't be a bad thing. Too much of the shallow gene pool in a highly concentrated area creates a neighborhood filled with rejects.

just send them all to australia.
apparently we have alot of land and not enough criminals.

as long as i have my headphones, my headphones..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 17
I have worked for the same bank for the last 23 years. My very first assignment as a branch manager was in a low income area. A lot of public assistance and not much else. I refused to cash a welfare check for this guy as he did not have any I.D. No driver's license, no state ID card, no nothing. Well, needless to say, he disagreed with my decision and attempted to reason with me.....very loudly. I mean scream at the top of your lungs and let the neighbors hear you loud! For a minute, I thought the sunufabich was gonna take a swing at me. Then he did!! My reflexes allowed me to jerk my head back so he only glanced my chin.

.....when he saw he didn't hurt me, he spit on me and then left.
mad.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis

I hate to be a PC Thug, but what does the fact that they were black have to do with it?

Sounds more like a gang problem.. maybe they don't let white guys in? :p

Bah lifes to short to argue and hate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis

they were a gang dummy
wink.gif

Actually, before pirated copies became feasible, this happened around many stores that sold cds in New York City. I used to actually spot cds that were stolen from various stores cuz the price label was still intact.

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #10 of 17
Man oh man, that reminds me of deal I had going with a local dude. He was a large Polynesian guy who cocked his arm and faked a right at me. All I was doing was asking about his references....I ducked and got the hell out of there.
I gotta say though, as a car salesman for eight years, I only saw a customer physically assault a salesman only once.
md

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 17
I worked in a Subway sandwich shop that sold bagels on the side. One guy used to drive up in a Jaguar everyday and get a toasted bagel with butter. A toasted bagel was 99 cents, a toasted bagel with butter was 1.59. One day he comes in and asks for "just a nickel's worth of butter on the bagel". I rung it up as a bagel with butter for 1.59. He insists that he asked only for a nickel's worth of butter and that I should charge him 1.04. On the register, there is a button for a plain toasted bagel and one for a toasted bagel with butter. No buttons for a toasted bagel with a nickel's worth of butter. He gets quite huffy and my manager comes by and rings him up for just a toasted bagel.

This is really the only bad story I have of Subway. In fact, my favorite job ever was as a sandwich artist. It's made me want to open a little restaurant or sandwich shop someday.

Jul 1, 2002 at 7:12 AM Post #12 of 17
we had a furniture shop with a first floor and a ground floor , a customer came in and went up to the first floor. Very soon after he left the store water started leaking from the ceiling of the ground floor.
He had taken a piss on the top floor and it had slowly can thru the ceiling on the ground floor and dripped to the ground
eek.gif

Jul 1, 2002 at 9:20 PM Post #13 of 17
Jul 1, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #14 of 17
I worked at TCI Cable as a customer service rep. Basically I was the person who picks up the phone when you call.
Wow, what an experience!
First of all we were NOT allowed to hang up on anyone even if they were abusive and using bad language.

So, on a daily basis I had to talk to those people who:

Called bitching about what the networks played and demanded WE change what ABC/NBC/CBS/etc. was broadcasting.

The drunk/drugged individuals who would call to talk about a bill they didn't understand.

The people from the rich side of town who insisted we send out a service tech. at 11:00 PM (I worked the evening shift) because their picture was a little "Fuzzy". After all, they PAY their bills! (As if no one else did)

The people from the poor side of town who would order every single movie channel and service, and never pay the bill. Then... the day after the service was shut off they would call in to order service and claim they just moved in to that address that day.

The mentally ill who claimed we used the cable box to watch what they were doing.

The ones who called during power outages. Even though the power was out and they couldn't use their TV, they KNEW the cable was out too.

And my Favorite:
During cable outages, getting screamed at for 4 hours straight, call after call, by customers because they couldn't watch TV.

People are awfully brave on the phone.

Jul 1, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #15 of 17
I came to the conclusion when I was selling that alot of people when shopping feel they must stick the boot in some how. Because they are giving you some money they feel that they can get away with it. The only way to limit that a little is to have inflated prices so that you can discount , most of teh time the discount made them feel special enough that they were happy with that.
I think the whole real reason why people buy and or go shopping is a very interesting one. The actually buy something is only one of the reasons why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back