Custom Tube amp - Pics - Comming in.
Nov 30, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, what amp is that, on the very top shelf? Looks like it's got a pretty beefy transformer.

That is a WooAudio Model One. Indeed, a beefy torroidal transformer, and a nice sounding amp, although it is before Woo started to use the pretty metalwork chassis that he now uses. I'm actually going to sell it soon, I had been using it just to test 6AS7 type tubes, but my new B&K 650 tube tester will test those.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 22
The thing looks good, smells great...

Sounds like complete crap. Hyper-distorted (cannot hear vocals of anything) with the hum being almost as loud as the music itself.

It doesn't amplify at all....actually makes things much more quiet with a LOT more distortion!

Horrible.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #19 of 22
Anyone know where I can get a wooden box like the one the amp is made in?

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing looks good, smells great...

Sounds like complete crap. Hyper-distorted (cannot hear vocals of anything) with the hum being almost as loud as the music itself.

It doesn't amplify at all....actually makes things much more quiet with a LOT more distortion!

Horrible.

That's really unfortunate...Mr. Rotenberg and Singlepower got a start more or less doing the same line of work on the side and selling on ebay.

Maybe this fellow's work will improve over time.

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to a cigar store - or just buy a cigar box - that is what it is.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back