Custom Tips - Questions
Apr 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Joe91

Head-Fier
So I'm considering getting a pair of IE8s and getting custom tips made up. I don't know anything really about them, so please bare with me
smile.gif

- Do customs require regular cleaning/do they get dirty?
- I'm assuming they don't come off inside your ear like other tips (rarely) do?
- How long do they last?
- Also assuming they are more comfortable than regular tips (bi/tri-flanges, silicon, foam etc)

Cheers.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 8
I have a review & there are few other thread out there. SHould have enough infomation.

- just like any other tips. clean them everytime
- no
- 2-4years depends on your ear canal
- Extremely comfortable

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks mate, just what I was after.

Read your review the other day too - good stuff.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 8
No problem.

make sure you like the IE8 and burn them in. I suggest around 300hrs.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #5 of 8
Will probably be a few weeks away before I'm in a position to order the IE8s, then the custom tips.

Being a high school student working only part time = small budget :)

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #6 of 8
^ yes YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU LIKE THE IE8!!!! or there will be hell to pay to ottoyu34
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm so sad my IE8's need to be repaired. I don't even want to listen to music until they get fixed. They're that good to my ears. Hopefully I will have UM3X's soon and like them though so I can go back to listening. I do enjoy my PFE's but the IE8's are on a whole different level. I have been listening to a little music, but only a fraction as much as I was before.

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 8
Alright, I'm sold on the idea of getting custom tips for my UE triple.fi 10s, but there are a ton of places to order form and very few reviews out there. The options I've seen from digging back through threads are:
ACS- Positive reviews but seems like a pain to order from the UK (I'm in NYC)
Advanced Communication Solutions - Custom Earphone Sleeves

Listenhear- 80$ audiologist not included

ListenHear - Custom Earmolds for Headphones

earsound $130 but no direct mention of UE
EarSound Customs - Revolutionize Your Listening Experience™

Perfect fit $115 (custom mold kit)
PerfectFit<font size="1">(TM)</font> Optional Accessory For Any Brand of Isolation Earphones<br><font size="2">Perfect Your Isolation Earphone System: Add Custom Fitted Ear Molds!</font> - Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Isolation Earphones<br><font color=r

Averysound 115 (custom mold kit)
Custom Molded Audio Earpieces from AverySound.comCustom iPod Earpiece, Custom MP3 Player Earpiece, Custom CD Player Earpiece

If I'm going to have these done I figure I might as well go to an audiologist and have it done right so I would rather avoid the at home kits... has anyone seen more reviews that I might have missed or have some thoughts to offer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back