Custom tagging my entire libary
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mastertop101

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am searching for a software that would help me do the following:
While listening to a song, I could set one or multiple tags (which do not necessarily have to be part of the song file itself, the tags data can be put in a separate file). 
I could add custom tags (not only pre-determined tags)
I could choose to listen to songs that only have certain tags. For example I could listen to songs that definitely have the tag "very awesome" and any of ("study songs",  "friday night songs" , "slow" , "fast")
All of that very efficiently (can set a tag while listening to the song and without taking more than a few seconds)

Does this already exist? 
If not, I might just have to create one. 

Thank you very much 

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hi,

I am searching for a software that would help me do the following:
While listening to a song, I could set one or multiple tags (which do not necessarily have to be part of the song file itself, the tags data can be put in a separate file). 
I could add custom tags (not only pre-determined tags)
I could choose to listen to songs that only have certain tags. For example I could listen to songs that definitely have the tag "very awesome" and any of ("study songs",  "friday night songs" , "slow" , "fast")
All of that very efficiently (can set a tag while listening to the song and without taking more than a few seconds)

Does this already exist? 
If not, I might just have to create one. 

Thank you very much 

holy crap.. why not just make a playlist, or organize by folders or create custom genres..   sounds like a helluva lot of work for little payoff.  what program/player are you going to use this for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back