Custom sleeve for Klipsh Image X10. Worth it?
Jan 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zenpunk

Headphoneus Supremus
Despite having been unfaithful and having bought quite a few IEM since frequenting head-fi I keep going back to the klipsch and are always amazed by their airiness and musicality. There is something special about the sound and often get suck into the music and forget what I am doing. I also love the way they gently tickle your ear canal when reaching some low frequency.
I am considering getting some ACS custom sleeve to improve isolation and hopefully increase SQ and that lovely feeling (which must be similar to the kind of bone conduction you must get from custom).
Wondering if anybody tried custom sleeve and if it is worth the £90.
My other option is to save more and get the Westone 3 which as been described as grown up image X10 by some. Thanks .

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 4
I've got a pair of ACS custom sleeves for my UM3x and I'm currently in the process of getting another pair made for some IE8s. The new pair are proving a little bit problematic, and they're currently back with ACS for their 3rd refit, but thankfully ACS customer service is very good and I'm sure I'll be really happy with them once they're redone.

If you like the SQ of your X10 and want to take them to another level then I think you'd appreciate the difference that ACS sleeves make, to both comfort and SQ, so long as you get a good fit.

I've never regretted getting sleeves made for my UM3x ... in fact just yesterday I was imagining what I'd do if I lost them (I would be absolutely gutted) and I couldn't imagine being without them now.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Digivate for you input. Nice to hear you enjoyed the ACS custom sleeve. Are they tricky to put on and remove ? and do you know if you have to send your headphone in for the fit. Can you choose any audiologist or do ACS have a shop in London?

Jan 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 4
They take a little bit longer to slip into place than universal tips, but it get's quikcer and easier with practice and it's not uncomfortable. Once they're in the right spot they stay put and you forget they're even there.

You don't need to send your earphones in. They only need you to send in earphones if it's something that they haven't had to do before. The X10 is already listed as one of the earphones they can customise ... Advanced Communication Solutions - Custom Earphone Sleeves (listed on the right hand side of the page)

You can find one of their recommended audioligists on this page ... Advanced Communication Solutions - Dealer Locator ... or if you prefer to go somewhere else they can probably arrange that for you. I live on the Isle of Wight, and they arranged for me to visit a local audiologist so that I didn't have to bother travelling over to the mainland.

Just give them a call ... their customer service staff are very friendly and helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back