Custom molds finished already????
May 28, 2005 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ripfrankwhite

100+ Head-Fier
My silicone impressions arrived at Ultimate Ears Thursday morning. I just got an automated Fed Ex e-mail stating that a package has been sent via overnight shipping from the custom division at Ultimate Ears. Today is only Friday. They couldn't have made them in a day and a half, could they? I paid for overnight shipping. Can my UE-5cs be finished already? The told me it would take 12-14 days.

May 28, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 10
Either your a very lucky man or they sent the wrong automated email to the wrong customer... Lest just hope its the first of the two
smily_headphones1.gif

Be sure to post your impressions (excuse the pun) of this job as I'm currently torn between getting custom IEM's or some moulds. What price did they set you back?

Cheers
Jake

May 28, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightStalker
Either your a very lucky man or they sent the wrong automated email to the wrong customer... Lest just hope its the first of the two
smily_headphones1.gif

Be sure to post your impressions (excuse the pun) of this job as I'm currently torn between getting custom IEM's or some moulds. What price did they set you back?

Cheers
Jake

What's the difference between custom IEMs and some molds? Did you mean that you are torn b/w universal fit IEMs and molds?

I will post my impressions as soon as I get them. I'm really anxious. They cost $580 with shipping. The impressions from the audiologist were free. Miracle Ear did them.

May 28, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 10
Oh please, oh please, oh please. Please get here Tuesday. Maybe they didn't have any other orders and were able to get mine done quickly. It just seems very unlikely.

May 28, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 10
when i got my custom earplugs made (same basic idea, create mold from impression then fit to the earplug system) the turn around was only 24 hrs from when phonak received my molds. from walking in to the office to walking out of with the earplugs took less then a week

May 28, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #6 of 10
Stupid me, and stupid simular product names. I thought you had some moulds made for E5C's but you gone the whole hog
cool.gif

What made you choose these over the sensas? They seem to have better review in the comparisons, do you prefer the characteristics people have said these have?

Cheers
Jake

May 28, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #8 of 10
200+ gst (i claim gst back as a dj so its sweet).

thats for phonak etymotic er15 earplugs including the filters. no charge for the audiologist to take the molds thanks to our lovely public health system. i got them done at professional hearing services in south perth. my friend got his back in about 10 days, i begged and pleaded with the ladies to speed mine up coz i needed them urgently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back