Custom molded Super.fi 3 - pictures
Mar 30, 2007 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

cindyk

Head-Fier
So, as I promised, here they are. They are so damn comfortable...amazing. They actually isolate better than any foam, especially low frequency sounds which is great for commuting. I also noticed that soundstage is quite a bit better. Bass is more pronounced, didn't have enough time to actually analyze their sound though. For the price of $30(including impressions), they sure are not bad
wink.gif

I am not good at taking pictures but I tried
icon10.gif

P3300087Small.jpg

P3300088Small.jpg

P3300089Small.jpg

P3300090Small.jpg

P3300091Small.jpg

P3300093Small.jpg

P3300096Small.jpg

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 16
Super.fi 3's?? Sorry if its a noob question but I can't see the super.fi's there. Is it just the armature of the super.fi's in there or what? (Sorry I have no idea about customs).

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Super.fi 3's?? Sorry if its a noob question but I can't see the super.fi's there. Is it just the armature of the super.fi's in there or what? (Sorry I have no idea about customs).

Yes, you are absoutely right.

Mar 30, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, I wanna get mine done now...
Is the cable still replaceable?

Sure is
wink.gif
, if it wasn't for that cable connector, I'd have a hard time pulling them out, lol.

Mar 30, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those look very nice! and they're cheap too!
smily_headphones1.gif

You know, all sorts of services are very cheap in my country. Headphones on the other hand can even be up to 2-3 times more expensive.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure is
wink.gif
, if it wasn't for that cable connector, I'd have a hard time pulling them out, lol.

What really works well for me (although YYMV) when removing my customs, is to put my thumb at the bottom where the rounded point of the unit sits (if that makes sense) and push upwards.

This tends to pop the unit right out of my ear so that it becomes easy to grab on to. That way I don't put any stress on the cable connector when trying to remove the unit.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you know whether they are available also in Poland?

See no reason why not. Try your nearest Hearing Aid center.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What really works well for me (although YYMV) when removing my customs, is to put my thumb at the bottom where the rounded point of the unit sits (if that makes sense) and push upwards.

This tends to pop the unit right out of my ear so that it becomes easy to grab on to. That way I don't put any stress on the cable connector when trying to remove the unit.

I'll try it. I don't really pull the connector, rather the acrylic part that is sticking out quite a bit, look at the pictures and you'll know what I mean. Your molds look much more professional though
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #14 of 16
I think I will have them remove the wax filters, the highs seem to be kind of muted...not much but I can certainly notice. They said they can clean them for me anytime for free anyway.

I also found out that when I put them in with my mouth open, they provide better isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back