Custom Molded Ear Plugs
Jun 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Deathdeisel

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I know this may not be the right thread, and i may have posted about this before but, here we go. 

Im looking for someone to make custom molded ear plugs for me, professionally, I just bought a motorcycle and learned about how loud wind noise can be, and I know ill use them considering how much loud noise im around either at work, home, or on the new favorite hobby. 

So how much does it usually cost for professional custom molded hearing protection? Who usually does it? (what company is good or whatever) Are there different material choices? Like latex, silicon, foam etc.? How much is it usually for an extra pair?

Any information much appreciated, DD.  

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 4
So ive been to an audiologist, now three times. He convinced me to have him make some plugs of the impression material he uses, and said it works quite well. So i agreed. the first set were just canal plugs, and i noticed a slight leak of about +3db in the right ear. 

Went back and had him make some half shells, one impression to send off, one impression to be made into plugs. Now im sitting here listening with them, and notice a similar occurence, except even greater this time. The right ear with half shell plugs now sounds about +5db or more louder than the left. 

I also came back the third time, requesting some plugs specifically for when riding a motorcycle, and as such my ears needed to be folded back or pressed back. Now with those the left ear has a good seal, and felt fine when riding, but again the right ear was having issues making a seal at all, and if it did, it was still louder. 

Anyone else have issues like this? Its becoming very frustrating and im starting to think customs arent for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back