Custom mold for SE535 custom sleeves question (impression & fit?)
Jan 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

msd94

New Head-Fier
I was on Sensaphonic's site and sent an email to an audiologist. They replied back asking if I just wanted impressions done, or if I wanted impressions and fit done. What exactly is the fitting they would do, and is it worth having them do so for me?

email reply was:

Are you looking to have just the impression done through us, or the impressions and the fit?

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 2
A fitting is what Sensaphonics prefers to do when delivering your product. It involves making sure the customer knows how to achieve full insertion (a surprising number don't), and to make sure the actual fit is secure, sealed, isolated, and comfortable. If the fit is a bit off, we can make minor adjustments immediately. In addition to on site in Chicago, we encourage our Gold Circle audiologists to suggest a fitting session. It can save a lot of trouble, especially when dealing with a lot of touring musicians.

The alternative is to have us ship directly to you.

I don't believe there's an extra charge for a fitting at Sensaphonics. (I work outside the walls, so I'm not 100% sure.)  It's really just a 'best practices' thing in audiology. More customer satisfaction, fewer complaints and remakes. We're into that kind of thing.

Hope this helps, msd94.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back