Custom Miracles, Upgrades and IE8 upgrade
Apr 21, 2012 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

leothurpv

New Head-Fier
Helloha Head-fiers :p

So i was considering the Miracle Merlin 5 driver customs or IE8 reshell and upgrade (I previously owned IE8s and loved them except the mid-bass hump).

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using them?

Also do they allow upgrades of their own products? I've emailed them to that effect and shall update with their reply :)

Thanks! Leo

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #2 of 3
There are several people on this forum (although they did not outright say they remarkably enjoyed the IE8) that although they enjoyed the Merlin grew to love the Miracle.  They're two different sound signatures with the Miracle being more neutral yet musical while the Merlin also has no mid bass hump (like the Miracle) and focuses on the sub-bass.  But people have stated that the Merlin is more fun, gives a better a bass due to a sense of pressurization while there are also detractors.  In the end, it all the depends what you want.

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 3
the IE8 upgrade sounds nothing like an IE8 in the end due to the 8.5mm dynamic being utilized only for Low end freqs. i would just go with the merlin as these two iems are almost the same price.

I removed the misbass hump in my IE8, by buring them in for 500 hours, turing the bass dial all the way down and upgrading to a TWag.... all three of these attibutes managed to remove the misbass, another cheap way to do it is to put tape over the bass dial, this way no air is allowed into the driver and it reduced the midbass a hell of a lot. then if you want slightly more bass just push a needle hole into it.

If you are still not satisfied, i would upgrade to the IE80, or upcomming IE800. The IE80 is said to have considerably less of a midbass issue than the IE8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back