custom meta 42
Jun 8, 2003 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ingenious28

New Head-Fier
just a thought i had....
i couldnt dig up anything through the search, but has anyone made a meta amp that mounted inside a computer, like a 5.25 bay and used a molex connector as the power source
would mounting it inside the computer cause too much interference for it to be viable?

Jun 8, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by ingenious28
just a thought i had....
i couldnt dig up anything through the search, but has anyone made a meta amp that mounted inside a computer, like a 5.25 bay and used a molex connector as the power source
would mounting it inside the computer cause too much interference for it to be viable?

The power from the computer isn't clean enough. You'll most likely get a hum on the amp. That is, unless you place some regulation & filtering on the power; which isn't very viable.

Jun 8, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

i couldnt dig up anything through the search

It has most definitely come up before, especially in the DIY forums. We had a discussion about this just a few weeks ago over on Headwize.

Don't look for "META42" as part of the search. The same issues apply to any op-amp based headphone amp being powered from PC power.

Jun 8, 2003 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 4
thnaks for the advise
i still couldnt't find anythign through a search, but its okay
im just trying to learn as much as possible about the topic, everyones input is very much appriciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back