Custom leather cases for portable amp
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fullmetalsam

New Head-Fier
I've been lurking on this forum for quite a bit and I've seen so little discussion about cases. 

I've also noticed that in the case of portable amps, there's really no point in the manufacturer providing a case, since there's so many different way you could be using their product (and so many different source player as well).

But then, why is there not a market for custom leather cases ???
It seems like it's a logical step to protect your investment and try to find a case that will fit your rig appropriately... and everyone has a different rig - so it's would also be logical for a "custom" case (made to your specifications) market exist.

What am I missing here ???
I know most people seems to be using camera cases or pelican cases for a waterproof solution... but then why not invest in a more durable solution ???  OK, and I think I just answered my own question here - most likely because we're all saving our money for the next upgrade :)

Anyhow - I decided to put together a case for my Go-Dap GD-03.
Why build a custom case for 20$ amp - don't ask, I just wanted to see how it would turn out :)

I built it more for the "utility" side of thing (instead of protection)... I designed it so it would serve as some kind of "dock", to hold the rig in a position where I would have easy access to the control and still have access to the iPod screen.  I've also made sure that there is no metal (from the snaps for example) scraping against the amp or the iPod - that's why some pieces where the snaps are set are stitched to the main part.

Let me know what you think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back