Custom In-Ear IN Japan - My History
Jun 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

digital analog

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I know that this won't change anything, but I just want to share my history with people that can understand.

I am Brazilian, but I am living here in Japan, studying now, and I will stay here at least for a while. Well, I bought a SE535 and I decided that it was time to move on to custom in ears! I decided to buy a JH audio one.

Well, I contacted JH audio, and apparently the shipping to Japan is ok, I already decided the artwork and the colors, so the last part of the job it was to take the impression of my ear and done!

To take my ear impressions, I contacted fitear.jp, which looked like a good company, because, if you look at the site, they have very famous japanese artists as costumers. I called then, and I make an appointment to yesterday, saturday 6/26.

The problem is, when I was a kid, 7 years old, I had an problem in my left ear drum, so I had to do a tympanoplasty, which is basically a partial reconstruction of the eardrum, but now, my eardrum and may canal ARE PERFECT, I did a lot of hearing tests, and the only problem that I found is a little loss in the low areas on my left ear, but bellow of what is considered not normal.

When I went to the FIT EAR audiologist, I said that I have 鼓室形成術, which is basically tympanoplasty. The guy simply said that he CANT take my impression! I explained him that it was a long time ago, and now is perfect etc, but he EVEN LOOKED AT MY EAR WITH AN OTOSCOPE! the only thing that he did it was to look to my canal and say something like this: "yes, as I though, it I cannot take, your canal changed with the operation"
I thought: "GO TO HELL!!!! I DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING TO IN MY CANAL!!!!" 
well, in the end I talked with other girl and she said that they cannot take my impression and I can try to search a hospital to take my impression, BUT SHE DOESNT KNOW ANYONE....

Now the ironic part: My girlfriend IS AN AUDIOLOGIST in Brazil, and she said that there are no problems in take impressions in cases like mine....

I think I understand what happens, I think the guys from FIT EAR have afraid that some problem might happen and that they can suffers heavy consequences from the law, afraid to the point that they will deny any case that had an operation and dumbly hire an audiologist who doesnt know anything about ears.... 

Well, in the end I am stucked....I want to buy my JHAudio, I have the money, but I dont think I can find any audiologist here in Japan who will take my impression...and I dont know if I can find in hospitals too....

sorry for the long post.

Jun 26, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, I thought about take myself, but I then I think, "Man, I am in one of the richest countries of the world! How Cant I find a good audiologist! " and I get pissed off hahhhhaha

Thanks for the tip! this Dimitri, he is a head fier too? I didnt know his site

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 6
After some research, I found that on the Canal Works web site, there are a few recommended audiologists, well, this time I asked to a Japanese friend call then ("tokyo hearing" in this case) and explain my case all in japanese, and it looks like that if I go to a doctor, and get a prescription that everything is ok, I can take my impression this time!

I will go maybe on next week, I will maintain u guys updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back