Custom IEMs & Shipping with Ultimate Ears
Oct 1, 2006 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wildsurfer

100+ Head-Fier
After many weeks, I decided to buy some custom IEMs.
I still hesitate between UE-5c and Earsonics EM1-dual (a french manufacturer, I hope you guys know it because I didn't found anything on the forum). I live in France, the EM1-dual would cost me 450€ and the UE-5C would cost me 470€. Given that UE ships with Fedex I'm a bit afraid of customs surcharge (hope I don't make any mistake using these words
tongue.gif
).
Is there here french people who ordered products from the UE website and who could tell me if they had a surcharge ? I'd be so glad that you gave me an answer because the UE-5c seem to be better for me but 470€ is the top maximum I can spend on IEMs
frown.gif

If ever somebody knows Earsonics products well and finds them better, his advice could help me too
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsurfer
Bump !
Don't tell me that nobody here ordered UE earphones from France
biggrin.gif

It's because customs is always a crapshoot. You could luck out, and even if the package is under-valued, you could not luck out. Always plan on getting hit by customs.

When my sensas came, I lucked out, but the dollar was so low to the Euro it wouldn't have mattered if I was hit by it, and that's a different company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back