Custom IEMs in the UK?
May 26, 2009 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

gregvet

Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me what companies do custom IEMs in the UK, or how I go about getting one done?
Sorry if this is a stupid question! I cant seem to find any UK sites that offer these.
Are there any custom IEMs within my budget of £250, and if there are some, what are the sound signatures of each.

Hope someone can help me with these completely noobish questions!

Cheers guys

May 27, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 22
Yeah sorry I am not expressing myself very well today. When I asked how they compared to the er6 I actually meant to those customs you just linked to!
So how do the customs based on the er6s compare to the t3s? Cos if there's not much in it the er6 type ones are cheaper.

Thanks for your help so far

May 27, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 22
ACs will make custom sleeves for most major brands of earphones, in addition to selling their own 'phones. You can get more info on HiFi Headphones (UK) site in the main sponsors section here.
I made an appointment to have mine done at ACS in Banbury by appointment. They check your ears, fill them with a blue molding foam to make the ear impressions and then should be ready 2 weeks later. Hope to get mine in the next week! Charge is £90 depending whether you want clear molds or coloured ones. Mine are going on my Shure SE530s.

May 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 22
Interesting thread.

I really like my Klipsch Custom 3's, but they're damn uncomfortable, no matter which insert I use. The set that give me the best SQ feel like I Ihave pencils jammed in my ears. Have ordered some Complys, but if they don't work then I'll be looking into custom gels.

They don't list my earphones, but I'd ring and ask them if I end up going down this route.

May 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting thread.

I really like my Klipsch Custom 3's, but they're damn uncomfortable, no matter which insert I use. The set that give me the best SQ feel like I Ihave pencils jammed in my ears. Have ordered some Complys, but if they don't work then I'll be looking into custom gels.

They don't list my earphones, but I'd ring and ask them if I end up going down this route.

I'm doing this myself, they'll do custom sleeves for any IEM you want, the only catch is you have to send your IEM's off aswell so you'll be without them for 2/3 weeks.

May 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm doing this myself, they'll do custom sleeves for any IEM you want, the only catch is you have to send your IEM's off aswell so you'll be without them for 2/3 weeks.

Only if they don't already have the tooling for that make of earphone. I took my Shure's with me when I had the ear molds done, but they said no need to leave the Shure's there. They will fit them when I go to collect.

May 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a minor inconvenience if the end result is isolation in comfort!
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #12 of 22
Comply tips arrived today. A bit more comfortable (not as super-comfy as some would make out) than the bi-flange, but doesn't sound quite as good.

Isolation is fine, but they just don't seem as focussed anymore...

May 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
give some small olives a try, i think they are the best tips on teh custom series. in fact is say it makes them the most comfortable IEM's i have

Will try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back