1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Custom IEM that sounds like the Shure 1540

1. greenback
    In my search for my perfect headphone I have been through multiple iterations of light to bass heavy headphones and IEMs. I think I have finally found my perfect signature sound in the Shure 1540 headphones. The problem is, I need something now that matches these in a pair of custom IEM earphones. 

Right now I have a pair of Heir Audio 4.a custom IEMs which sound really nice, but after hearing the Shure 1540's I have to say that they are lacking. So with that in mind, if anyone has hear the 1540's can you recommend a custom IEM, or a universal if there is no custom that meets the requirement which can satisfy my mobile isloation sound needs?

I should mention that my local headphone shop is going to be offering JH and Weston custom IEMs using laser measurement for the ear, no more audiologist. So if I can find the sound there that would be even better, save me the cost of visiting an audiologist.

I'm not against spending upwards of $1500 dollars if needed.

2. greenback
    No one has any suggestions? 

I'm just listening to my 1540's again I really like the sound. I am wondering if the Shure 846 might be what I am looking for with custom sleeves if there are no other custom IEMs with a similar sound signature.