custom IEM suggestions
Jun 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

styler

100+ Head-Fier
hi all. i have searched and didnt find much info. i am wanting custom IEMs and am considering the jh audio 13, heir 8a and the westone es5. i do not want to mess with an amp and will be using an ak120 as my source. can anyone comment on the above choices without the use of an amp? is there any consensus on what the best cIEMs are for using straight out of a DAP? i definitely do not want to carry an amp - want super portability etc...
thanks in advance

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 4
hi all. i have searched and didnt find much info. i am wanting custom IEMs and am considering the jh audio 13, heir 8a and the westone es5. i do not want to mess with an amp and will be using an ak120 as my source. can anyone comment on the above choices without the use of an amp? is there any consensus on what the best cIEMs are for using straight out of a DAP? i definitely do not want to carry an amp - want super portability etc...
thanks in advance

You'll have to tell us what kind if genres you listen to first. What kind of sound you prefer. It'll be good to know what iem are you upgrading from too.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 4
i prefer rock, folk and jazz. virtually no classical music. i am not a bass head tho. in the past i've liked the higher end Shures, the Westones and the Etymotics. my ideal headphone would be lush and not bright... but more importantly, something that sounds good without the use of an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back