CUSTOM IEM FOR STAGE
May 1, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #16 of 21
Sensaphonics 2X-S or 2MAX fit your spec perfectly (pro stage IEM, reference neutral sound sig).
They are silicone (best isolation and comfort) and have a field-replaceable cable.)

Sadly, they are out of your price range ($750 and $850).
On the universal side, you might consider the j-phonic K2 by Sensaphonics Japan.

Best of luck in your search, pixelman.

May 2, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Thanks for the different options A_J , the only negative I see is they are all foreign.

A problem for some people, not for others.  The biggest risk is if they don't fit or something goes wrong the shipping costs will be higher.  Silicone will isolate better, which seems to be a concern.  You could always get a universal reshelled in silicone from Kozee Solutions, such as a used SM3.

May 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #21 of 21

Canadia huh?  :)

You might want to check with 1964, i know Westone has a 30 day satisfaction return policy.  You do pay a restocking fee and shipping back to them but i managed to come out of a $700 investment with a returned amount of about $630.  I'm not sure what 1964's return policy is, but i'll email Aleksey and post back when i get a response. 

Quote:

What is life without risk..... Yeah, I heard of Canada ay.....  Got a wedding to go to in September in Ottawa.

Thanks for the opinions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back