CUSTOM IEM COMPANY IN UK
Jan 7, 2015 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Steeler

New Head-Fier
Wonder if any one can steer me to a UK company that they feel they can recommend for Custom IEM's.
Just had a bad experience with one in the UK, and now need to organize a new pair that will work, but am very cautious as a result . Any help or recommendations welcome. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 12
Frogbeats?

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 12
Have a look at the Custom Art thread, I know they are not in the UK, but the feedback seems good and reviews very positive. I was going to get the Custom Art Music 1, as its less than £200, I am not convinced about the whole "More drivers is better hype". My opinion is that if something is capable of producing a frequency..... it can do it"!

Jim.

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 12
Ok I'm replying to my own thread here, but some of you were kind enough to post some suggestions on the thread, and some were even kind enough to send me some pm's with recommendations.

The consensus (or at least the most recommended ) was Cosmic Ears

Given this recommendation , and the fact they are only a short drive away, set me phoning for advice.
I spoke with Phil who's enterprise it is, and I was afforded time and information which I needed. Such was the excellent approach on the phone , a trip in person was made to their lab.

I was given earphones to test and the whole aspect of my prospective purchase covered in detail with Phil who was most knowledgeable, but not in the slightest pushy.

We completed my visit with a purchase of one of their monitors and a reshell.

An excellent experience , and whilst I don't have the phones yet, if things go as well as they have so far, I hope to report an overall favorable experience.

Naturally I will post my final experiences.

Thanks to those who took the trouble to reply to my initial post .

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 12
Well thought I should provide an update on my previous post.
I purchased some Cosmic Ears CE6E's and reshelled some Ultimate Ears TF10's
Both were completed within the suggested time scale, with regular updates on the process by text.
So most satisfactory so far.
As I am fortunate to live not far from their Stockport base, I called and collected the finished articles on the way back from dropping a friend off at the airport.
And now the important bit, How do they sound. Well quite simply the CE6E's are fantastic!
I have a tri-amped Linn system vinyl based with and upgraded LP12 and am used to a fairly flat analytical sound and the 6E's are just on the warm side of this , perfect for my taste , and not at all tiring to listen to. Fit of the moulds taken by Phil are superb (I did use the prefit service to get these perfect)
Having listened to the CE6E's first  (perhaps a mistake ) I then listened to the reshelled TF10's  expecting them to be a disappointment compared to the 6E's but even these sounded great for TF10's. Great job done by Phil at CE.
I'm still getting used to both IEM's, but my experience of Cosmic Ears so far has been fantastic, would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone,  many thanks to those who took the time to recommend them to me , I can tell you  I'm so glad you did. Well back to some more music on the CE6E's

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 12
Hi Steeler,

I currently have a Triple fi 10 for the past 8 years now. I'm contemplating getting a new ciem.

Now that you've reshelled the Triple fi 10 and have a new ciem.

Do both of them have similar sound signature? Which one do you prefer using frequently? Or which one is better?

Thanks

May 10, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #10 of 12
  Hi Steeler,

I currently have a Triple fi 10 for the past 8 years now. I'm contemplating getting a new ciem.

Now that you've reshelled the Triple fi 10.....

I got some custom sleeves for my Klipsch X11is. This is a similar idea to the reshell but not as dramatic as a reshell. Let me tell you it changed the sound and comfort of the X11is immeasurably! A reshell would yield even better results for sure

May 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #11 of 12
  Can you explain what the pre fit service is all about please Steeler?

Basically you send in your impressions to CE, they send you back an empty shell.  If all fits you ok it and send the shell back to be made into a full ciem.  If it's not ok you identify the problem spots on the empty shells (such as too short, too long, not thick enough etc) and they make the necessary adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back