Custom IEM choice: AS (g) 2.5, mg6pro, something else? Need bass
Jul 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rockin_Zombie

500+ Head-Fier
hi guys,

Long time member, my wallet really hates this board, but I love it!

So I want to jump on the CIEM bandwagon, I feel like I am missing out, and now is the right time since I have some cash. Getting the ear impressions done tomorrow.

My listening will mostly be portable (through an amp), and some home listening through dedicated amps. 

I am NOT looking for something with accurate representation, I like my bass! That being said, I would like good bass, not something bloated. The headphones I own right now: DT990 premium, V Moda M100. The only IEM I have is UE900, the bass is not enough. 

I would prefer the CIEM to be "versatile" enough to at least play back 320 KBPS mp3 decently, since I can't carry all FLACs. I will probably have 50% FLACs and 50% mp3s.  

After vigorous searching for the past week, I figured that I'll have to go with some form of hybrid. I have found the the Aurisonics AS 2.5 (custom version of the ASG 2.5) is probably a sound choice (pun intended), since they have that massive dynamic driver. The other option I am looking at is the Futuresonic mg6pro. My budget is $1000 or below MSRP. 

Has anyone here listened to both and weigh in? Did I miss some obvious choice? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back