custom IEM and motorcycle riding
Feb 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #16 of 21
You almost always wear ear protection whilst on a motorbike, the wind roar at anything above 50mph will cause hearing damage. Many bikers have in helmet intercoms and listen to music. IEMs can be used if they isolate well enough or custom moulded plugs with/without monitors. Personally I wear earplugs which cut out about 30db of noise, mostly in the lower wind roar sort of range and have speakers, a bit like headphones velcro'd to the inside of the helmet. There are spaces inside the helmet around the ears that facilitate this. The music is not great quality but the drone of an engine and the noise in a helmet can get pretty tedious without it and the sound of a horn still filters through though few motorcyclists will rely on sound to sense the world about them and good mirrors and vision are the key. Helmet sound/intercom/phone/ear protection is pretty good and robust and really can make a good drive great.

As to saying it's illegal or unsafe or whatever! Get a life and talk about what you actually know about.

Andy

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy80F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As to saying it's illegal or unsafe or whatever! Get a life and talk about what you actually know about.

Andy

Pride comes before the fall.
Best of luck!

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy80F /img/forum/go_quote.gif

man, this sure is a heated topic on here
tongue_smile.gif

popcorn.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always find it interesting that guys with loud pipes insist on having hearing protection for THEMSELVES. Like they're doing everyone else a favor with their blat, blat, blat.

at times you have surprisingly useful comments I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pride comes before the fall.
Best of luck!

so, what's new ??? you ride therefore you fall. Trust me, nothing to do with headphones, iems or whatever. Just riding man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back