Custom housing for ER4S
Apr 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

a6laze

New Head-Fier
Is this is a wise move to make?

For those who have done it, do you think it altered the accurate frequency response or sound signature of the ER4S?

Is the japanese guy Suyama still available for ER4S customization?

Is he the only option for ER4S custom housing?

I know that it would be simpler to just get custom earmoulds but they make the phones stick out of the ears more; very unsightly imo.

Just thought that it would be extremely neat to have a combination of the sound of ER4S and the ergonomics, comfort, isolation and aesthetics of a custom housing.

Need some light shed on this matter, thanks!

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 5
I just got mine from Westone. These SUCK bigtime. They do not isolate, I can't get any sound from one of channels with the molds on, they got the colors wrong and I am going to try and get my money back. I asked for advice on custom molds on this forum a few threads back and no one really responded with any direction for me. I tried a search for custom mold for the ER-4S and came up empty on where to get them. I was on the Westone site and noticed the did a custom mold for the Ety's #37 so I went ahead got impressions made at a Westone dealer and ordered a pair. As far as the search on the website for information, instead of searching for custom molds for the ER-4S, try it for the ER4, a lot more information. EFN got his ER4S from hearyourself.com. I told the Westone dealer these don't isolate very well and she said they are not supposed to for safety reasons. I'm like, so I can't take these on an airplane or hear the bass on the Etys with these. I hope Westone custom owners don't get told this. If you find anyone that does the custom housing with the better aesthetics let me know. Thanks

May 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 5
During the time when I had my ER-4 on HYS custom molds, I really enjoyed the comfort. But the isolation is not as good when compared to using a properly inserted universal foamies. Likewise, learning to wear the universal tips properly will be as good as using custom molds.

The good thing about custom molds are, you can insert them quite fast once you are familiar with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back