Custom FUTURESONICS (my review)
May 2, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #31 of 38
It sort of makes sense. Futuresonics only use dynamic drivers, which require some sort air vent to generate bass. For a custom IEM, I suppose it would get in the way somewhat. However Jelle's suggestion would be interesting to try.

Nevertheless, these are very interesting, and if I had the extra money, I would jump at the opportunity to get these.

May 16, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #33 of 38
the atrio too have an opening to do the bass. indeed if i ever go back to proper iems, this will be my future pair. as i love the atrio - i asked fs about their es series and never got a response about the nature of the inner construction as some of you know, i have issue with inner construction as it creates strange echoes for trance music.

i do wish to hear from a fellow trancehead on these es series. but i think there are very few people who listen to trance 100% or close to with these. probably not possible to get an answer on this.

May 16, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the atrio too have an opening to do the bass. indeed if i ever go back to proper iems, this will be my future pair. as i love the atrio - i asked fs about their es series and never got a response about the nature of the inner construction as some of you know, i have issue with inner construction as it creates strange echoes for trance music.

i do wish to hear from a fellow trancehead on these es series. but i think there are very few people who listen to trance 100% or close to with these. probably not possible to get an answer on this.

Do you know where this is located? I'm looking at my Atrio driver, and I don't see where there is an opening for the bass

May 19, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #37 of 38
as i remember, it is very near the tube. a bit near the ring below the flat part. this is a bad explanation. at least i remember seeing a hole. i got wind howl so there must be one. i have never seen a dynammic driver without some sort of opening.

it kept the noise isolated but yes, i rememer a hole on the flat part near where the earpiece attaches

May 19, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as i remember, it is very near the tube. a bit near the ring below the flat part. this is a bad explanation. at least i remember seeing a hole. i got wind howl so there must be one. i have never seen a dynammic driver without some sort of opening.

it kept the noise isolated but yes, i rememer a hole on the flat part near where the earpiece attaches

Im looking at mine and there isnt a hole anywhere to be seen. I believe when they say that dynamic drivers need air, the air is actually there as the IEMs are not air tight so there is always air around the driver for it to move. On the otherhand, armature drivers are encased in a "metal box", which is normally visible when you look at custom IEMs.

It seems that the FS customs have a bigger hole is simply to allow the user to customise the air flow by using the bass plugs supplied. The Atrio doesn't have this feature and therefore, the bass can't be customised but since the air is always there, the dynamic driver is still able to function like its supposed to.

Would you agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back