Custom FreQs vs Custom UE's
Nov 6, 2008 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lhtf

New Head-Fier
I know that FreQ is down right now for repairs until January. I was thinking about going with custom earphones. I was looking at the UE11's, but came across this forum and read about the FreQs. I was wanting to hear some opinions on whether it is worth the wait for FreQs or go ahead and dive into the UE11's.

Your opinions are greatly apprieciated.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 4
There was some comparison between FreqShow vs Custom UE on the huge Freq thread here. You might have to do a little bit of searching to find it. Basically the UE11 is better, but not worth the price compared to FreqShow.

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was some comparison between FreqShow vs Custom UE on the huge Freq thread here. You might have to do a little bit of searching to find it. Basically the UE11 is better, but not worth the price compared to FreqShow.

From my standpoint, even though I have reservations about the UE11, it definitely is worth the price over the FreQ. It may not be worth it over the Alien Ears C3 or the Sleek Custom, but the FreQ is inferior to all 3.

lhft,
If the UE11's price tag is a concern, go with either the C3 or Sleek. If it's bass you want, the C3 wins. For a better treble performance, the Sleek is the choice. Either one will offer great sound for a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back