Custom Fearless S8 or AAW AXH
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

inf.h5n1

New Head-Fier
Hi,
About to get my second pair of CIEMs. Will listen to from portable sources without Amp, so looking for forgiving, but not too hard to drive buds.

My flavor in sound is more towards aggressive highs, and not so much into rumbling bass (so I guess somewhere close to natural and harman curve?). Listening mainly to rock, electronics and rap.

Had couple of IEMs before, most similar to my taste were ER4 (lacking some bass and fun) and the discontinued Fischer Audio DBA2 MKII.

I came down the the following options:

1. Fearless Audio S8 (Pro or Freedom, haven't made my mind yet)
3. AAW AXH

Also considering the CTM CT400 pro, but again, couldnt find any reviews. Currently can't have a try with any of them where I live (Israel) so i'm gonna go blind here.

Would be very happy to get your opinions quality and sound wise, as well as any recommendations.

Cheers

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 7
originally Alclair was another option but I changed my mind, so its mainly S8 vs AXH unless i'm missing something.
Also, bump.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 7
I don' know, if this is still relevant. But I have the AXH and the bass is really weak. I mostly listen to Trance and it just doesn't work. EQ leads to distortion. The great thing about them is the headspace. They work for instrumental guitar and classic the best. But if you are looking for aggressive highs, these might actually be for you. The craftsmanship is top notch.

Aug 16, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 7
I have a set of AXH and I really enjoy them paired with a Hiby R5. The bass isn't like what you'd find in a EE Bravado, but with the Bravado I feel like some of the crisp highs disappear. If you can find a used pair of AXH I think they are an excellent value.

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 7
I have a set of AXH and I really enjoy them paired with a Hiby R5. The bass isn't like what you'd find in a EE Bravado, but with the Bravado I feel like some of the crisp highs disappear. If you can find a used pair of AXH I think they are an excellent value.

Got the AXH Custom a month ago, and very pleased with it. Contrary to the previous post, if you like punchy controlled bass it is doing great job (but definitely not a a oomph kind of sound).

Will post a review in few days. For whoever is interested, these are a very clear, not harsh or sibilant, and very well made set of IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back