Custom ER4P cable?... is it possible?
Feb 28, 2007 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

exX08

500+ Head-Fier
Could someone make a custom ER4P cable. Didn't EFN do it? Just think to myself I mean it's a removable cable. Mabey a new cable might reduce Mircrophonics?

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 11
i remember dr xin sold them...nothing on his site tho

but yea - i'd buy a less microphonic cable in a flash - i'm tired of wrapping them around my ears - they aren't made to be wrapped around ears like shures are

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

but yea - i'd buy a less microphonic cable in a flash - i'm tired of wrapping them around my ears - they aren't made to be wrapped around ears like shures are

I agree - it's just so awkward that I just use the shirt clip. How would one reduce microphonics though? I mean, try tying a string to an earplug, put that earplug into your ear, and touch the string. Aren't the ER-4's microphonics pretty low already?

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea I wouldn't mind paying mabey $50 for one. I don't know if I'd go any higher than that but I'm gonna be using mine for golf and the microphonics might get too bad.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 11
Personally, I think the microphonics have more to do with the body of the IEM itself rather than the cable. Have you ever accidentally scratched or rubbed the IEM itself while it was in your ear? I don't think any cable would solve that problem.

Still, I believe it would be a good idea to create custom cables. That way people could have any version of the ER4 they wanted without having to pay mega-bucks to Etymotic to have the cable swapped.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 11
Well, you can, if you're careful. Done slowly, and diligently, it shouldn't be too dangerous.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you can, if you're careful. Done slowly, and diligently, it shouldn't be too dangerous.

u can? it looks like u can but i'm too scared to try.

btw the new cable is a lot less microphonic than the old one yes? will ety send me a free one if i said i got the old one and it's too microphonic?

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #9 of 11
No, they will ask you to send your ER4 it in and then charge you $65 for the new cable. (Or any cable.) They say it's because the cable is dangerous to remove and that they're not a cable store, but we know they really just want to make an extra buck.

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #11 of 11
If there is something wrong with it, yes. Not if you want to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back