Custom eartips for TF 10 in NYC
Dec 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ucrime

Head-Fier
can someone refer me to an audiologist in NYC  that they used to make custom ear tips for the TF 10.  The cost total would help as  would a web link.

I am hoping someone who has done this is around, if not, I will just top it off till someone arrives if needed (I don't want to get it lost in all the posts).

:)

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi, I called them, and the secretary seemed nice, they told me it would be 50$ for the fitting and appointments within a week.

One question I didn't get answered, is who do they send the impressions to?  Who does Ultimate Ears TF 10 customs inserts (and the closer to my location, the better).

When I asked, she named off some of the larger companies (westone, etc... and said they do work for UE, but I don't think UE will make customs for the TF10?

Any ideas?

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 7
I got my most recent impressions done from Dominick Servedio, very nice Dr. Highly recommended.
As for custom tips, I am not sure who they'll recommend. When I got my Etymotic HF3 custom tips, I went to a place on the Upper East Side, where they accepted the impression coupon & sent my impressions to ACS. ACS makes silicone custom tips. They're based on Long Island.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
thanks so much.  Do you have a link to ACS, when I look, they are in the UK.

Honestly you're better off spending the money you'd spend on custom tips for the TF10 and getting them reshelled. Look around the forum, there are a few people looking to get the TF10 reshelled, email them/PM them to get a better idea of what's going on.

ACS USA
 1 516 233 2813   
usinfo@acscustom.com 

Audio Help Hearing Centers
186 East 76th Street 
2nd Floor 
New York, NY 10021
212-774-1971

is the place that did my impressions for the ACS tips. I'd rather go to the Dr. listed way above, he was cheaper & did a proper bite block impression unlike Dr. Patel at the Audio Help Hearing Centers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back