Custom Ear molds for Shure E5's - in China!!
Jun 1, 2009 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tomhirvin

New Head-Fier
I saw a long and detailed link here a few weeks back about a guy in china that will take your Shure earbuds and remake them with a custom mold for about $70.

I cannot find the link anywhere?

Here is the site on Taobao but it's all in Chinese

se420¡¢e5c¡¢tf10¸ÄÄ£ REMAKE EARPHONE SHELL E5C & SE420-Ó°ÒôµçÆ÷ - ÌÔ±¦Íø

I just wonder if anyone can send me the link to the thread or the name of it as a member was going to do it and I wondered if he had feedback. A little reluctant to send me beloved E5's to China!!!! (thats probably answered my own question)

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 12
Ya the payment system on Taobao is very foreigner unfriendly... so personally I would only get this done if I have a travel plan to China or something.

But 600 RMB is less than 100 USD which is very tempting! Damn...

P.S. and the cable they use looks Westone-ish, which is definitely a plus over any stock Shure or UE cable.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomhirvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wonder if anyone can send me the link to the thread or the name of it as a member was going to do it and I wondered if he had feedback. A little reluctant to send me beloved E5's to China!!!! (thats probably answered my own question)

I think this is the place you want-- http://www.uniquemelody.org/Enlish/price-dzs.htm -- it's in China and they 'seem' to be OK, with a not 100% English website yet, but you still can see some of their products and can always email them.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 12
I would find out for sure what material they are using for the molds.

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 12
tomhirvin,
The site you gave on Taobao is held by a Chinese hi-fier and as far as I know quite a few of people made their custom mold there, and according their response on Taobao feedback and comments on forums the build quality are not bad. I think you can email them for details.
And BTW mold your IEM doesn’t always bring you a better sound, the earpiece and cord changes could both affect sound representation greatly so talk with them in advance if you want to do these.

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 12
they have both soft and hard silicons
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 12
Jun 2, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 12
Jun 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the same link I provided above, ie the same company, but your link is in Chinese, and mine is in English.

lol yes, it was just answering gameboy115's question. He probably missed that page.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #12 of 12
i'm REALLY curious why no stateside company is doing this. aside from the labs that handle the major players, i'd think any number of the smaller labs out there would be capable of doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back