Custom ear molds for non-custom IEMs?
May 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
For Shure and Etymotic IEMs, you can get a custom-fit soft silicone sleeve from Sensaphonics. $150 plus impressions. Isolation is outstanding, as is comfort.

Etymotic has their own way of doing it...  I think it costs around 100.  IDK how they work with other headphones though.

May 22, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Where can I get these and how much will they cost, and most importantly how will the sound/isolation be like?

Etymotic's Custom-Fit program gets you custom eartips for any Etymotic model for $100, including audiologist visit, made by ACS Custom. 

ACS will also make custom eartips for any other headphone, though I think the price goes up to $150 + audiologist fees. Their tips are constructed from a nice, soft silicone. 

May 22, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 5
I got mine made from Earsonics themselves. Isolation is superb; it's just like how it was when I had it sealed by the audiologist. Sound is also great because I had them make a wider bore. Theirs is made of hard plastic, but I've worn it for a long time (Alive 2007 and Deadmau5's 4x4 album) without any discomfort or sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back