Custom Cans, Proper Etiquette?
Apr 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JwangSDC

100+ Head-Fier
So I purchased a pair of very expensive custom cans two weeks ago. A huge part of the sale was that the well reputable maker told me 7-9 days plus 48 hours till shipping. Now 12 days later he responds to me telling me "everything is on schedule, 5-7 days from today plus 48 hours.

Honestly I'm pissed off beyond belief becuase the cans weren't even my first choice and these things cost more than HD800's. Plus the modder didn't even have the integrity to tell me that it would take a little bit longer, instead he specifically said "everything is on schedule" and then quoted what is literally a 80% increase in wait time. Thoughts?

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 6
I would have to start with, the cans should already be sitting on my doorstep. Then go into how he means he apologizes for being 5-7 days plus 48 hours late. Then I would tell him he has until the end of the week or I want all of my money back.

Hopefully that will get him "on schedule."

Good luck.

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 6
My friends, this is why you never quote a timeframe on custom work.

You can't pull the money if hours are already put into it, just name off who's doing it and make a public spectacle decrying them as scammers. Works every time, look at how the whole Jena labs R10 fiasco went. After all, it's the head-fi way.

Personally, I'd have patience.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I'd have patience.

I have patience, but it started wearing thin after I was scammed by someone telling me it would be there in 2 weeks. Waited, then their father died, and I never got my money back. I thought I was being patient but now I know I was just being gullible.

Now if it is a generally reputable dealer, I'll give them leeway, but if it's not, well, I won't.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging from your "On order", I assume this is Lawton Audio..?

Hehe, my thought too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back