Custom Beyer DT-880's on the way! 600ohm!
Jun 16, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #451 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know! And I just bought the Paduak ones, but I KNOW I will be sorely tempted by those!

Ha! I know that you have your eyes on those - just like the Paduaks before.
rs1smile.gif
Of course, we all await your review of the Paduak VXD3. Assumedly you like!

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #452 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha! I know that you have your eyes on those - just like the Paduaks before.
rs1smile.gif
Of course, we all await your review of the Paduak VXD3. Assumedly you like!

OH YEAH. The Deep Closed Darth Beyers are the best Darth Beyers of all. They are the most balanced, and have the deepest bass. They are really awesome.

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #453 of 485
Quote:

OH YEAH. The Deep Closed Darth Beyers are the best Darth Beyers of all. They are the most balanced, and have the deepest bass. They are really awesome.

I'd have to agree with Skylab on this one. I enjoyed my Closed V3's but the Darth Boobies are a whole different beast. Soundstage is huge. Bass goes deeper and seems to be better controlled.

I've got my eyes on these...

hd4c.jpg

I might even try and pick up the Darth Denon's just for the sake of trying them.

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #454 of 485
Now that the picture of the Sapele is up on Headphile.com, I am glad I got the Paduaks. That Sapele is beautiful, but I prefer a darker color wood. Someone will love those, though!

You guys may have to fight me for the Darth Denons though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #456 of 485
I am obviously a huge Headphile groupie, but I'm not so sure about those either. I can't imagine how they'd be comfortable to wear...

But I am also most definitely not a Grado guy, so who knows...

Jun 16, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #457 of 485
Sky I might be fighting with you for the Denon's. We shall see.

For those of you who don't know Snacks is selling is Deep cup Open Zebras in the FS forums. If I did not have my Darth Boobies I would buy them.

The Grado's look weird but I just would like to try them on my Sound Quest SQ-84. I didn't like the Grado sound with SS gear but I am thinking the SQ-84 just might allow me to enjoy them. As for the looks I've worn my Darth Boobies in public so those would not be a stretch at all.

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #458 of 485
Quote:

Now that the picture of the Sapele is up on Headphile.com, I am glad I got the Paduaks. That Sapele is beautiful, but I prefer a darker color wood. Someone will love those, though!

You guys may have to fight me for the Darth Denons though
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously Sky, does anyone have a shot at the deals page if you really decide you want something. I would think that with the amount of business you have done with Larry that any of those deals are only a phone call away.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #459 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously Sky, does anyone have a shot at the deals page if you really decide you want something. I would think that with the amount of business you have done with Larry that any of those deals are only a phone call away.
biggrin.gif

Larry is very nice to me, but he is (rightly) firm about not making "side deals" on stuff he sells on the deals page. He plays no favorites. I just have to be fast
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #460 of 485
Quote:

Larry is very nice to me, but he is (rightly) firm about not making "side deals" on stuff he sells on the deals page. He plays no favorites. I just have to be fast
biggrin.gif

You must stare at the page 24/7. Not even a call like "Sky might wanna check the deals page in about an hour!"?

Seems like a lot of luck to snag sooooo many!
eek.gif

I gotta go check out them Sapels!!!!!! YOU STAY AWAY!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

3000smile.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #461 of 485
Nope, he doesn't even tip me off. But I have developed a keen sense of how long it will be until he posts them for sale...

That said, there have been some for sale I really wanted and missed...

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #462 of 485
Quote:

Nope, he doesn't even tip me off. But I have developed a keen sense of how long it will be until he posts them for sale...

That said, there have been some for sale I really wanted and missed...

Wanna Share!!
biggrin.gif

I think you should pick up the Sapeles for me and we can work a payment plan!!!!!

Jun 17, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #464 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys didn't know about the option to subscribe to the deals page...click on the flaming Visa card at the bottom of the page. lol

Got that right!

Jun 17, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #465 of 485
I have a question for owners of the DT880 in 600 ohm (and also with leather pads): the regular DT880 is pretty well regarded as an above mid-level or pro-sumer type can, but not in the higher tiers (aka audiophile). I have read that the 600 ohm version and the leather pads change that perspective, being a more refined can overall. Would you guys agree? Do you think the DT800/600/leather can be placed in a "higher league"?

Cheers,
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back