Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Feb 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #227 of 247
  For anyone interested in this adaptor, I found someone someone doing this adaptor for $25 including shipping. If interested PM me and I'll send you his website.

just received my 30 dollar adapter in the mail :

Try PM'ing one of these two guys.

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #229 of 247
What you want is a Female 3 pin MINI XLR to female 3.5mm jack. I keep seeing adapters on ebay and amazon for wireless transmitter adapters or akg and shure that fit that description but i don't think they're just a plain adapter some wireless thing going on there. The others have posted they're finds of similar devices a few pages back,

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #231 of 247
I received the AKG adapter from Mimic. The first one had a problem where the audio was only coming out of the right ear cup.

I contacted Mimic to let them know and got a very prompt response apologizing and a promise to send a replacement. The replacement adapter came a week or so later and is working great. Would recommend this for those of you looking for a way to use the Vmoda mic with AKG K702s or other AKGs with detachable cables. 

May 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #233 of 247
Hey guys,

Sorry for dropping out suddenly from Head-Fi, but some personal stuff came up. No, that's no excuse for leaving. I see you all have gone elsewhere for the adapters and I do apologize for going. As it stands now, I am not doing anymore adapter currently. I really have no free time as it is. Sorry guys!

May 14, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #234 of 247
  Hey guys,

Sorry for dropping out suddenly from Head-Fi, but some personal stuff came up. No, that's no excuse for leaving. I see you all have gone elsewhere for the adapters and I do apologize for going. As it stands now, I am not doing anymore adapter currently. I really have no free time as it is. Sorry guys!

:frowning2:

No, Zombie dont go *tears*

Hope everything is better now though. Good to know you are still around here in these forums.

May 14, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #235 of 247
Oh I'll stay around the forums but my time online may be limited. I got off earlier than normal today so I'll get in as much audio listening as possible!

May 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #236 of 247
  Oh I'll stay around the forums but my time online may be limited. I got off earlier than normal today so I'll get in as much audio listening as possible!

L3000.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #237 of 247
After having a hard time finding these adapters anywhere, I decided to go Colombo.
Even found an option for a minimum order of 1000 from china, but that was stress I could do without. 
Was concerned about the small chance of something going wrong when ordering from the US to the UK & any associated returns.
Anyway, I might have found a source for these, but need to gauge a bit of interest to see if it's worthwhile for the manufacturer.

Any chance you could drop me a PM so I can get a rough idea of the number of interested parties?
The cost of the adapter will probably be in line with what you would pay to ship from the US to the UK or Europe, with the added peace of mind of it being closer to home if things don't work out.
This is the most appealing option I've found so far on this side of "The Big Pond They Call The Atlantic Ocean"...
I'm doing this in the hope that I can save others the potentially life ruining hours of Googling, Binging, Duck Duck Going or Ask Jeevesing that come with looking for something that you never would have guessed didn't exist, until you actually needed it.

Anyway, fire away. 
But please bear in mind that I could do without this turning into a nightmare. 
A simple case along the lines of "Yes, I'd be interested in one/some of those" is fine.
I'll take a scan through the number of PM's I get & see if we can make this possible.

Thanks

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #240 of 247
http://www.head-fi.org/t/771894/akg-mini-xlr-ta3f-to-3-5mm-adapter-for-v-moda-boompro-uk-eu

I've started a new thread purely dealing with the UK/EU sourced adapters to stop things getting confusing. 
Zombie_X has stated these are no longer in production anyway.
Andi, if that's you on Overclockers is there any chance you could direct people to the above thread? (I'm not a member)
I'm sure it would help people out.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back